New acquisitions

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
New additions to my collections of bottles and jars:

The ten-inch wine bottle seems like a throwback to the early squat wine bottles of the late 1700s and early 1800s; but, the production values are advanced. The applied string is tooled flat and the string and sheared lip are fire-polished. While there is a slight bit of roughness in the kick-up, that may have been left by the mollette, the iron rod used to create the kick-up.

The tall wine bottle, on the other hand, has a sheared lip and an untooled applied string which are not fire polished. The kick-up has evidence of a glass-tipped pontil rod.

The jar is amazing. It's not the largest I have, but it is a whopper! The color appeals to me.

wine_burgundy_compare.JPG jar_large.JPG

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
As always Harry you don't fail to impress with the quality of glass you find or the way you photograph it for all of us to enjoy, that jar really is something, love the color.....Jim

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Harry has a knack for finding very rare pieces and then actually acquiring them, which is a very difficult accomplishment. That jar is as green as the day is long. Nice one Harry :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread