Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,
I'm by no means a bottle collector. But I am a relic hunter. :thumbsup:

This past Sunday I finally got a couple serious hours detecting a spot where they dumped the dredgings from North Park Lake in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. They drew the lake down, which was established as the first county park in Allegheny County sometime in the late fifties or early sixties.
Check my post in http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,425383.0.html

My gf and I found this bottle, laying on top of the field, where a bulldozer leveled the ground.
This bottle was apparently tossed in the lake many years ago, appx. 1955-1964, at minimum 50 years ago, dredged up with a monster excavator, dumped in a big clod of muck and stones into the back of a waiting dumptruck, dumped at this site, then bulldozed to the location my gf found it, (gotta give credit where credit is due).

Not surprisingly, I can find no information on the net about it except 2 other collectors of massive amounts of bottles with a bottle in their collection that does NOT look like mine.

About mid point in the clear bottle is the writing "Park Drive Beverage Co" Starting below the "B" in Beverage is the words, "Contents 8 FL OZ" The next to it is "Pittsburgh, Pa."

One the bottom has two dots, looking at the writing, with a square in between. The next 2 lines have Park Drive, with the final line having the number 1044.
The bottle does have a small chip on the bottom edge...Neat find but does someone want this thing?
I know this bottle collecting is a big hobby. Saw the 2 guys with collections and the one guy boasted almost 20,000 bottles.

Any info on it would be cool if you know.

Attachments

• DSCF2063.JPG
    DSCF2063.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 350
  • DSCF2063.JPG
    DSCF2063.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCF2064.JPG
    DSCF2064.JPG
    480 KB · Views: 380

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Al, what little I know about Pittsburgh area bottles might be of help. That bottle was made by Glenshaw glass, and some of their pop bottles have a small letter below the rim that will correspond to a manufacture year. I think they started with G in 1938. Sodabottlebob sent me an email with a chart, which I'll doublecheck. Don't know anything else about this one.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Sorry, G was 1935. Not all the Glenshaw bottles have the code, however. I have an assortment; some do, some don't.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread