October 15th Privy Dig

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
My buddy Mikey invited Mark and I down to sling dirt. It was great getting back down his way for a dig. Mike already had the hole probed up and I eagerly threw down the tarps and brought out the shovels. It was a perfect day, we had the new "QuadPod" assembled to hoist buckets and dirt was flying with an occasional bottle until we hit water and had to bale. We started an assembly line with me in the hole, Mark on the hoist and Mike handling two buckets. We made quick work of the water and were in the use layer. Stone lined 4 feet wide, mostly easy fill. A cobalt S&D bottle came up early and a nice thick use layer with lots of criers smashed with an occasional nice bottle and a load of slicks at the bottom. Took the camera but left the card at home, so here are my picks along with Mark's. Mark got the cobalt bottle, the stoneware preserves jar, the yellow ware chamber pot, olive oils etc. I got The Chase & Sanborn Coffee Brokers amber bottle, an East Walnut Hills Pharmacy, three good jar closures and a nice Mason's 1858 Maltese Cross jar.

Attachments

• October privy Dig.jpg
    October privy Dig.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 658
  • oct privy dig chase&sanborn.jpg
    oct privy dig chase&sanborn.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 648
  • oct privy digmasonjar.jpg
    oct privy digmasonjar.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 673

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice digs right there! Looks like Bixby's 1883 ink back there as well. Yea, whats on the milk slug plate?? I hate that when ya get into water. Are you in a clay area? Or is it just a high water table?

Nice digs though, Congrats :thumbsup: jgas

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mason Jar should have another patent date (Pat. Nov. 26 67) on the bottom of it. IF so, it is most likely RB#1939 and depending on color.......

Aqua Pint $4-6 :(
Clear Pint $40-60 :D

I can't tell from the pic, but it is most likely aqua in color.

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
sodetraveler said:
Sweet!!! :headbang:

Is that milk bottle hand blown? Those are REALLY rare in Hawaii, I'd love a closer look at it if possible - especially the bottom......

Mahalo! :icon_sunny:
I didn't get the milk in the pick, I seem to remember it was Avondale Dairy, it was in the top two feet, don't think it was blown.

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
jgas said:
Nice digs right there! Looks like Bixby's 1883 ink back there as well. Yea, whats on the milk slug plate?? I hate that when ya get into water. Are you in a clay area? Or is it just a high water table?

Nice digs though, Congrats :thumbsup: jgas
Right on the Bixby's, Avondale Dairy, we are dealing with clay, wettest ones always seem to be on high ground, kinda weird.

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
72cheyenne said:
The Mason Jar should have another patent date (Pat. Nov. 26 67) on the bottom of it. IF so, it is most likely RB#1939 and depending on color.......

Aqua Pint $4-6 :(
Clear Pint $40-60 :D

I can't tell from the pic, but it is most likely aqua in color.
It is a Redbook #1939 aqua pint of course :-[ . We also turned up a nice amber quart RB#1489 minus the bottom third or so ::) Only Lightning closure I saw and kept, was typical aqua.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions