10 oz clear coca cola bottle

LadyR

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone!

My boyfriend found this bottle yesterday and we are trying to determine its age. I have had no luck finding this bottle in web searches but happened upon this forum. His interest has been piqued after recently visiting a museum that had a coca cola display. The bottle is clear and says no refill at the top of both sides. One side says coca cola and the other side says coke. Underneath this raised script on both sides it also says trademark (I think, it is worn) ® 10 FL OZ. On the bottom it again says no refill and 80 15 © 2 6059-8. I am attaching a pic. It is still pretty dirty inside. And also, are there any great websites available to use when searching for information like this?

Thank you so much!
LR

Attachments

• Photo0347.jpg
    Photo0347.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 2,491

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
LadyR, welcome to TreasureNet.:hello2: Sorry, I cannot help on bottle codes for these, but I bet you can hack your way to it in not time with google.

OP
OP
L

LadyR

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gleaner1!

Thank you for the welcome! :D Goggling it hasn't been easy. I did find a post about a similar bottle but it had no picture. It had different numbers on the bottom so I'm assuming maybe a different bottling plant. They are probably the same, but I'm not sure. He brought home 2 different ones last night, so hopefully I will find something in google soon.

LR

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
LadyR ~

Welcome to the forum.

Your No Refill/No Deposit/No Return/Throw Away ... Coca Cola bottle was made by ...

C in a circle ... Chattanooga Glass Company, Chattanooga, TN (1901-1988).

The 80 is for 1980 when it was made. The other numbers/letters are codes related to molds ~ plant locations, etc; and are typically more confusing than helpful. Most ND/NR bottles are considered somewhat common, but with exceptions for a handful of rare brands. There are no particularly good websites I am aware of that fully address the ND/NR bottles. But in time I expect there will be more of them because those types of soda bottles are just now starting to generate some interest with collectors. However, your particular Coke bottle is one of the most common and abundant there is, and is way down on the list as far as supply and demand are concerned. Regarding value, (and I hate to say this) but most advanced collectors would likely not pay even as much as 50-cents for one like it - they are that common. But its still a "keeper" because you found it, which is the best part of all. :icon_thumleft:

SBB

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
LadyR ~

I wanted to share the following picture to let you know that not all Coca Cola no deposit bottles are considered common and of low value. The ones pictured are from my Allan Petretti book (650 pages) and are ND/NRs with "Paper and Foil Labels." Which would never be found exposed to the elements because the labels would deteriorate so easily, thus making them much harder to come by. The listed values (in my opinion) are slightly exaggerated based on similar examples I've seen sell on eBay, but they are still worth a pretty penny, especially if in mint condition. So keep your eyes peeled for bottles like these, as a lot of antique dealers nowadays are not fully educated yet as to their rarity and collectibility.

The second picture is to give you a general idea regarding the chronology of Coca Cola Bottles. Your bottle looks similar to the one that was introduced around 1961.

By the way ... When it comes to the internet vs books, I'm still somewhat old school and prefer books. The one mentioned here (12 Edition) has approximately 4,500 photos of various Coca Cola collectibles, and retails for about $50.00. In my opinion its a must have for Coca Cola collectors. :icon_thumright:

And if you ever stumble onto a 1899-1902 "Hutchinson" that's priced for less than $1,000 - grab it quick and don't look back! Some of this variety can be worth up to $3,000+ But watch out for reproductions!

SBB

Attachments

• Coca Cola Lineup Of Bottles With Dates.jpg
    Coca Cola Lineup Of Bottles With Dates.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 32,066
  • Coca Cola No Deposit Bottles - Allan Petretti Book (652x900).jpg
    Coca Cola No Deposit Bottles - Allan Petretti Book (652x900).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 16,105
  • Coca Cola Lineup Of Bottles With Dates.jpg
    Coca Cola Lineup Of Bottles With Dates.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 3,002

Top Member Reactions