brandy bottles and wine bottles 1700 - 1850

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello,

I must admit that I know very little about old bottles, so, please, treat me like that.... I have many friends among local fishermen and they bring old bottles from the sea almost every week mainly in their camaron nets. About two months ago one foreigner came there when I was there as well and he was asking for these old bottles. Fishermen have them sometimes stored like decoration. Man bought about ten different bottles, made from dark green glass, most of them with the bottom pulled up (sorry for my amateur explanation), some of them a little deformed by the time in the ocean but not broken, some of them square, some of them bottles like Henessy cognac but very old, and so on, for about 50 USD all of them altogether. The man talked to me as well and explained me that these old bottles are from the beginning of the 18th century and that he is a collector. I am just curious how much would be real price of these bottles.

Regards

Lobo

OP
OP
Bobadilla

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
SWR said:
Whoa…that’s kind of like asking how much baseball cards are worth, without giving the details about the card. Price varies with date, country of origin and rarity. Just like baseball cards…have to know who the play is first ;)

HH, Jim

Yes, you are right, of course. I will try to get one or two of these bottles from my fishermen friends, I will make photos of them and I will post it here. I can understand that without seeing the bottle, any expert can give any appraisal. I was just thinking that, let us say, brandy bottles from the beginning of 18th century have some range of price.
Thanks anyway!

Lobo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread