OP
OP
john glassman

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Need id of bottle?

I looked on that link you gave me it doesnt tell me anything about value. I guess they must be common bottle if that person had the bottle like me oh well . Thank's for trying guys :read2:

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other

Mackaydon said:
Dr. D.H. Seelye produced Liquid Catarrh Remedy and Dr. Seelye's Bronchial Syrup in Freeport, Illinois.

Here's more: http://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-324311/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#324333
I'm guessing the vintage about 1865/66.
Don.........

Amazing how close the two bottoms are with the bubbles in nearly the EXACT same layout on the bases of both bottles, I'm scratching my head about this....Here are the side by side pic's...

Attachments

• jjju.jpg
    jjju.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 286
OP
OP
john glassman

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

epackage said:
Mackaydon said:
Dr. D.H. Seelye produced Liquid Catarrh Remedy and Dr. Seelye's Bronchial Syrup in Freeport, Illinois.

Here's more: http://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-324311/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#324333
I'm guessing the vintage about 1865/66.
Don.........

Amazing how close the two bottoms are with the bubbles in nearly the EXACT same layout on the bases of both bottles, I'm scratching my head about this....Here are the side by side pic's... I didnt even notice the bottoms almost look the same the two big bubble's look smaller in my pic but the other one look's bigger and there two smaller bubble in the first pic that are not on my pic this werid

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other

Mackaydon said:
Logic would strongly suggest that the owner of the bottle in my reference was one past owner of John's bottle today.
You might think that butttttttt, if you look closely there are differences in the bubbles....I thought the same thing until I had the pic's side by side....Unless it's the light playing tricks and they are the same, the two large bubbles look to have other bubbles in them and the bubble at top right looks like a different shape to me...Jim

OP
OP
john glassman

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I keep looking at the bottum's carefully there one flaw to the whole pic's the first bottum one is heavy aqua color .My pic is glass green colored tint and there to many smaller bubbles in the first pic bottum. I dont think they are the same at all!

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA

john glassman said:
I keep looking at the bottum's carefully there one flaw to the whole pic's the first bottum one is heavy aqua color .My pic is glass green colored tint and there to many smaller bubbles in the first pic bottum. I dont think they are the same at all!

They are the same bottle. The odds of having that particular size and arrangement of bubbles show up in two different bottles is essentially zero.

This could be good news if you consider the fact that now there is nothing proving that there is more than one of these in existence! :notworthy:

PS. having tried to take clear pictures of bottles before I can attest to the difficulty in getting any kind of clarity and consistency. If you just look at the locations of the major bubbles using the key-mold seam as a referrence you can see that they are the same. You could give an expert glass blower this mold and he wouldn't be able to reproduce this exact pattern in 1000 years! LOL

OP
OP
john glassman

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank's for all the imput on the bottle out there to buy the same bottle is freaky . I am wondering how it got my state why did the person dumped the bottle for resale? Heres the same question when was it made and the value. I might resell it too or trade it !

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other

john glassman said:
Thank's for all the imput on the bottle out there to buy the same bottle is freaky . I am wondering how it got my state why did the person dumped the bottle for resale? Heres the same question when was it made and the value. I might resell it too or trade it !

I just contacted a friend who might be interested, he might be getting in touch with you soon....Jim

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been studying both pic's hard,,,,, I think they are the same bottle ,,, any differences are probably from the difference in cameras,lighting,photographers,etc,etc. Nice bottle by the way :icon_thumright:,have not seen one before,,,but that doesnt mean a thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions