bluebots 002 (Small).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 366

BrokenShards

Greenie
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
halfdime said:
I'm quite fond of blue bottles (Milk of Magnesia, Vick's, Noxzema, Bromo-Seltzer, etc.) and I found one recently that doesn't have identification on it. It's about 6-7" tall, shaped a little like a horseradish jar and has only the letter M and the number 14 on the bottom. Any ideas what product this would have been?

Interesting cobalt, unfortunately its not that old due to it being a screw-top and the base appears to be more modern. The M in a circle in the trademark for Maryland Glass Corp. in which was incorporated from 1907-1970. However, cobalt bottles drive people nuts..I cannot tell you why..lol..I save all the Bromo's I find, not because I want them, but I sell them by the box to the people who use them for decorative pieces and art projects. To further assist you in your endeavors, I linked you to some helpful sites that may give you some further insight. Hope it helps..

http://www.myinsulators.com/glass-factories/bottlemarks.html
http://www.antiquebottles.com/

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Could very well have held effervescent tablets for disgestion, the shape is right and they came in cobalt bottles alot. I don't think it's any older then the 1970's...Jim

BrokenShards

Greenie
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
epackage said:
Could very well have held effervescent tablets for disgestion, the shape is right and they came in cobalt bottles alot. I don't think it's any older then the 1970's...Jim

Good Call, although I would think it could be for milk of magnesia...eww..

On a side note, I notice your from Jersey Epackage, I grew up in the Morris County area..I always wanted to poke around the embankments of the passaic in Paterson for bottles, although I never had the stomach (have to watch out for the floaters) nor a carrying permit to do so....Have you ever checked it out? If so, is it worth the attempt?

Thanks
Drew

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Thanks for all the input! I know it's not very old; it was a surface find and the lid is intact and very clean. It's just that I've found enough M of M bottles and they are embossed somewhere with a product name. This is also a unique (to me) shape. I love the color of these bottles, and when I do find an oldie it's a real treat!

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
BrokenShards Good Call said:
It's a very tough thing to do for sure, I'm a big guy(6'-3" 275lbs.) and I don't feel comfortable in many areas there alone....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread