AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my house is for sale and i was taking one last walk through in the back yard and noticed a broken bottle that has been there for at least ten years. I picked it up and noticed something extremely funny looking about the bottom of it. Kind of like a broken glass chip at the bottom with a few odd imperfections. I thought it was neat so i took it to a local bottle collector who told me it had been made before 1870. dating the land my house is on to way before i thought. i found this broken bottle on the surface and decided to start raking where these two paths sided with stonewalls. I'd love some information on how those bottles differ from ones post 1870 and some names i should look for up here in Southern Maine.

Another cool find in that pit was strikingly green, but sadly broken. It looks like a clear green glass lid with a handle on the top. Roughly 2 inches wide by an inch and a half tall. It says Cardella MFC. Co. Cleveland OHIO, on the opposite side it reads... BREAK-NO-MORE... ironically with a crack right down the middle.

hoepfully i can learn from some of the knowledge you guys already have. Happy hunting

alex&Cassie

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Alex, you should post this on http://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/ in the Digging and Finding section. There are a few Maine Diggers there who might be able to help you do the research and dig the pit, you could be sitting on some real Gems and they could also have some good value....Jim

I'll post a link to this post on that site too... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread