what kind of probe do you use

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
I've been getting my probes from www.tandttools.com - and no I'm NOT a paid spokesman! I just found them online selling probes for use in finding septic tanks and other underground stuff for the construction industry.

The tip is larger than the shaft, which is what makes them work much better than a simple pointed bar. The tips they provide have a very sharp point that would probably break a bottle pretty easily. The first thing I do with a new probe is to grind off the sharp point. The T&T Tools tips are made of aluminum and are replacable (screw on), so I can usually just rub them against a cement sidewalk for a bit. After using them for a few digs they naturally take the shape of a bullet - imagine that!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Shlatters Probes out of Francesville Indiana. They are reasonably priced and deliver right to your door in a day or two. The tips are already on there but as they wear out, you can either order more(they screw on) or like I do, have a connection with a guy that welds new pointy tips on that are perfect for capturing a portion of the soil sample.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions