epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
To be honest you don't have anything there worth cleaning, they should all end up in the recycling bin...sorry

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
To be honest you don't have anything there worth cleaning, they should all end up in the recycling bin...sorry

A bit mean, but true enough so far as monetary value is concerned.

Don't worry though, if you like the bottles, clean them and keep them!

This hobby of bottle collecting is about having fun. I've been collecting for 40 years and I'll still bring home a few worthless bottles that I find in my backyard - because they came from my backyard!

My brother is has been collecting the Steinlager bottles from my mom's backyard - I actually threw them back there in the 80's!!! He's having fun though :laughing7:

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
A bit mean, but true enough so far as monetary value is concerned.

There's NOTHING MEAN in my reply, unless you consider honesty mean...I even put a "sorry" about it at the end because the truth wasn't good news about what was there...UGH

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
@sodetraveler.. Doesn't bother me.. I get the same ole abusive talk where ever I go. Just once I'd like to hang around a crowd of "positive" people for a change..

It's sad that you think I was being "abusive" because I told you the truth, I'll make sure to avoid all your future posts...

If you took two minutes to read my past posts here you would learn I am nothing but helpful and positive, but I guess you're not that type of man....SMFH

Last edited:

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
I agree with 'epackage' that there was nothing mean about telling the truth about these bottles. In fact, I thought 'epackage' was as tactful as could reasonably be expected -- more tactful than I would have been, certainly. This isn't a mutual massage group. We're exchanging information to learn, to educate the newbies, and to further the hobby.

I am sure that 'Wizard' will get the same honest analysis (he calls it abuse) of his finds wherever he seeks an evaluation from advanced collectors.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Harry, it means alot coming from such a well respected collector as yourself....Jim

wreckvalle

Nov 20, 2006
Check out this simple mold mark chart

New Page 1

Should help so you can quickly identify older Blown in Mold bottles from ABM (automatic bottle machine) glass. I would go back to the same area and take another look. Many of your bottles are 1920's. You only need to be a few years eariler to have a nice collectible!

Good luck
Capt. Dan

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I would clean & keep. at least until I had to make room for more. I love em. nice finds, hope you got minerals too?

OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
hah, had a good laugh when I read you post mama.. yes I found some.. seems the eastern part of that area is full of Caramel Jasper. From light grey to dark brown.. and the shine on them is amazing.. some would make great natural worries stones with their textures and shapes. I'll post a pic in the rock collectors area.

btw. started washing and cleaning the bottles.. I told wife what the above comments said.. and she said "Doesn't matter, I'm keeping them"

There you go mama, just added the post in the Rock collectors area.

Last edited:

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Glad you were able to share with a few people, Most of us have found a few bottles like you found, but then what would be the expression on a 8- 10 years just starting to look for Bottles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread