Shard ID Help Please!

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
I was digging under a poison oak bush on Sunday and found this shard.The embossing looks an aweful lot like the embossing on the Rowland's Macassar I dug up last year. It uses the same font type and the strike is also similar.Based on this I'm guessing that the partial "ON" at the bottom of the shard is the last two letters in LONDON - although if the font is just a coincidence it could be BOSTON!?!! :icon_scratch:I did a rubbing of the shard because it's hard to get a good picture. Hopefully someone out there has seen an intact specimen of this bottle and can clue me in as to what the first letter in "IESSE" is and the first two letters in "BIN".A guess at the age would be nice too. Mahalo!!! :headbang:

Attachments

• Shard.JPG
    Shard.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

badkittystt

Greenie
Jul 19, 2012
St. Thomas
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That looks so familiar and I can't place it! I'm going to leave this window open and maybe when my boyfriend gets home from work he'll be able to tell me why. May not be related, but some sort of a lightbulb is trying to go off lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions