Colorado Bottles 6-21-12

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went huntin bottles yesterday, hot,dry,extremely dusty,wild fires burning,we even have an arsonist running around the county,who has set over 10 fires in the last 2 days,Hope they catch him SOON !!!!! $#@. Anyway it was a hard day of lookin for bottles,very dusty,our eyes were full,but we did manage 2 Cripple Creek Hutchs:headbang: a nice doll.a big Dr Kennedys medical discovery,also picked up part of a Indian knife. Had some fun,cant wait till next time. Hope ya enjoy !! HDing

Attachments

• 101_4869.JPG
    101_4869.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 101_4870.JPG
    101_4870.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 246
  • 101_4872.JPG
    101_4872.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 261
  • 101_4873.JPG
    101_4873.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 101_4874.JPG
    101_4874.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 248
  • 101_4882.JPG
    101_4882.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 101_4880.JPG
    101_4880.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 101_4879.JPG
    101_4879.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 218
  • fire,2.JPG
    fire,2.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 216

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer! Glad you got to cool off, was stuck in 100 degree Denver, won't be able to hunt up in the foothills until next weekend.
What's the brass oval thingy?

arapahoscout

Sep 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds PPC, always wanted to try bottle digging, have a bunch of old homesteads on the inlaws ranch but don't know where to start to find the dumps and privys. It was 110 out there today anyway so I am thinking late Sept will be my next trip to the SE.

Curbdigger, what part of the foothills do you haunt/hunt? I live near Rollinsville and hunt my own yard but I dont know anyone, or anywhere for that matter, up here to hunt with.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds PPC, always wanted to try bottle digging, have a bunch of old homesteads on the inlaws ranch but don't know where to start to find the dumps and privys. It was 110 out there today anyway so I am thinking late Sept will be my next trip to the SE.

Curbdigger, what part of the foothills do you haunt/hunt? I live near Rollinsville and hunt my own yard but I dont know anyone, or anywhere for that matter, up here to hunt with.

Live in Denver, and have dug up in Leadville, and Central City. Problem is getting permission, so many people own property, and live out of state.
Or are just tired of people wanting to crawl around their property.
I'm relatively new to actual "going out and digging a privy", having only just starting that aspect of detecting.
In the past, it was metal detecting, then usually finding an area where there was a lot of iron signals, then digging down.
For the longest time, digging a hole deeper than, say, eight inches, was beyond my desire.
Boy, am I kicking myself for some of the sites that I just detected, and not tried to bottle dig.

How old are your relatives' homestead sites?
You might just have some killer locales!
Carl

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice digging Pikes. The hutches were worth the dry eyes and heat. Be careful out there. Its been hotter the hades out our way too and no rain to speak of. Hard to probe. Not sure when I am getting back out but hopefully soon my friend! Take care and keep up the good finds! jgas

OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scout,Sorry it took awhile,the fires have been all around us. Look for dumps in ravines,around creeks,waterways,look for broken,glass,pottery,metal that may be on top of the ground. Get a probe to help locate the privys,they were usually a suitable distance to the back of the house, look for depressions with thicker ,taller grass,see if you can locate some old pic's of the homestead's they might show you right where the privy was. Keep us informed,if you have more ??s PM me.Good luck !!

OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer! Glad you got to cool off, was stuck in 100 degree Denver, won't be able to hunt up in the foothills until next weekend.
What's the brass oval thingy?

Carl,the brass thingy,,,not quite sure yet , it is ornate,and looks like it has 3 stars pressed into it from the back,Rory dug it,not sure if he started cleaning it yet. With all the fires,dont think I'll be going out for a little while,but I did get a few good detecting days in the last couple of weeks

OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digging Pikes. The hutches were worth the dry eyes and heat. Be careful out there. Its been hotter the hades out our way too and no rain to speak of. Hard to probe. Not sure when I am getting back out but hopefully soon my friend! Take care and keep up the good finds! jgas

Gas ! good to hear from ya. Man I still think about that HUGE pickle jar !! the hutchs definitly made all dirt in the eyes worthwhile . can't wait to see your next pit . Keep that shovel dirty !!!.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw this posting again, vicariously digging through other people.
I forgot how killer those hutches are, I've yet to dig a Out-of-Denver Hutch,
watched Cindy dig her Del Norte, neither one of us knew at the time how rare it was.
You're spurring me on to get off my a** and go digging tomorrow!
Carl

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome dig those hutches are killer. im so jelous of your point ive been looking for one forever but im just not having anyluck.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went huntin bottles yesterday, hot,dry,extremely dusty,wild fires burning,we even have an arsonist running around the county,who has set over 10 fires in the last 2 days,Hope they catch him SOON !!!!! $#@. Anyway it was a hard day of lookin for bottles,very dusty,our eyes were full,but we did manage 2 Cripple Creek Hutchs:headbang: a nice doll.a big Dr Kennedys medical discovery,also picked up part of a Indian knife. Had some fun,cant wait till next time. Hope ya enjoy !! HDing

You folks out west do get a lot of Hutchs...

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It looks like you found my creepy statue!
Boy.jpg

OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mucky,I believe your "creepy statue " is called a frozen Charlotte doll

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mucky,I believe your "creepy statue " is called a frozen Charlotte doll

Yup I know, but the way it was found makes it creepy. It was standing upright wedged between two rocks on low tide. It looked like it was watching.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An old post made brand new again- Cool! Love the assortment- and even love the little doll. I never seem to find whole ones, only limbs- which is disconcerting and creepy too!

0322141623.jpg
Now that I understand it's not 110 in March (even out West), I feel a little better. :laughing7: (I'm such an idiot some times!) Yakker- and thanks for the 're-play'!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread