Hello! Bottle obsessors from St. Thomas

badkittystt

Greenie
Jul 19, 2012
St. Thomas
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I introduced myself in the new member forum but figured my interests would be better received here. My boyfriend and I are divers and are fairly obsessed with bottles. Here is a quick shot of one of our displays. We look forward to some great sharing and information!

a69378a1-6559-58ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
I introduced myself in the new member forum but figured my interests would be better received here. My boyfriend and I are divers and are fairly obsessed with bottles. Here is a quick shot of one of our displays. We look forward to some great sharing and information!

Hello, kitty . . .
Diving for bottles is a wonderful pastime. It appears that you are having some success, too!

The case bottles are interesting. What is the large, short-necked bottle directly under the light in the back?

I collect all sorts of bottles, and managed to find a few good ones diving rivers or acquiring bottles that other divers have recovered. I appreciate the black glass on your shelf. Perhaps you'll show us your case bottles a few at a time, and tell us what any embossing reads.

blackglassleaners.jpg caseginVanHoytema.JPG

Welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
badkittystt

badkittystt

Greenie
Jul 19, 2012
St. Thomas
Primary Interest:
Thanks for the welcome! I'll take more close-ups in the future but I believe the bottle you are speaking of is a case gin bottle.

There are some I would like help identifying so I look forward to everyone's expertise and input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riverdiver

Sep 27, 2011
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic5 ID
White's Surf Master II with the dive rod
Garrett Treasure Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AARRGGHH, you two are killin me! that is an awesome collection. I dive for my bottles too except I do it here in the rivers of New England. Please post your finds often so the rest of us divers can dream of the clear and warm waters you play in.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Very nice collection there. I too look forward to your successes! Thanks for coming on board to show us. jgas

OP
OP
badkittystt

badkittystt

Greenie
Jul 19, 2012
St. Thomas
Primary Interest:
Boyfriend got some new stuff last week, once I've had some coffee I'll try to get some pictures, I know he brought at least one home. I'm also thinking of doing an inventory of all our bottles. Just a photo and any notes we remember. At that point somebody might be able to tell us what some of the unknowns are.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Boyfriend got some new stuff last week, once I've had some coffee I'll try to get some pictures, I know he brought at least one home. I'm also thinking of doing an inventory of all our bottles. Just a photo and any notes we remember. At that point somebody might be able to tell us what some of the unknowns are.

We love the unknowns here!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we see real photos of your bottles too Harry?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why you try to split every hair in existence I was simply asking to see some of the extensive collection you always refer to without .... wait for it..... showing the evidence of it. Real time photos of your collection rather than posting website. Images

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gator boy, he is not required to post pictures to show evidence of any thing. Stop challenging him to show proof of his collection and stop implying it doesn't exist if he doesn't show real time photos.

OP
OP
badkittystt

badkittystt

Greenie
Jul 19, 2012
St. Thomas
Primary Interest:
Well..... We have spent a better part of the afternoon doing an inventory of the bottles and are just starting on the shards.

Does anyone have any advice on how you database the information? We are numbering and doing at least 2 photos of each. I was thinking I could just do a spreadsheet but I'm also looking into some free database software. Also, after I have that together I can send some photos out for some help identifying. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread