Found this bottle while hiking in the jungle

reddirt

Dec 22, 2008
I found it while hiking in the jungles on Guam. I'm not sure what kind of bottle it is. Can anyone here give me any info on it? Its the first one like it I have seen so far. I usually find soda bottles from around WW2. The only marking on the bottle is on the bottom.
IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

IMG_3550.jpg

OP
OP
reddirt

reddirt

Dec 22, 2008
Thanks for the link! I browsed through the site pretty thoroughly but couldn't find any info on my bottle.

GTK96

Jul 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How far up does the seam go? I go off that to date mine, the newer the bottle, the farther up it goes...probably not 100% accurate but close enough. I read somewhere that if the seam stops at the base of the neck its pre-1900 but who knows...either way, super cool aqua colors and a killer bottle
Good luck, grant

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Top looks similar to a master ink that we find in the states. Utilitarian bottle for sure though. Nice find! jgas

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"found this bottle while hiking in the jungle"-well that's not something we read every day, huh? : )

Nice find. Sorry other than what others have posted, I have no info for you.

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
Red ~

Your bottle is probably a Japanese beer bottle. Check out this site. It is by a guy in the Coast Guard who is currently stationed in Guam and knows quite a bit about the bottles found there. I have communicated with him several times regarding Wartime Coca Cola bottles and he is very helpful. I haven't read through his website lately, but I believe there are several bottles like yours mentioned and pictured.

SBB

Link: N2NL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread