Small early milk glass jar

mile-ender

Jun 29, 2009
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, so it's not super old, but it is an early machine made. The thing is I've not seen one like this before and so was hoping to get a little input...It's thinner then the typical milk glass jars and maybe lower quality (some color striation in the glass)? Mold seams, screw cap. Stands at about 4½", with a base diameter of 1¾".
Thanks for looking
icon_thumright.gif

Attachments

• IMG_3494.JPG
    IMG_3494.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3495.JPG
    IMG_3495.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3496.JPG
    IMG_3496.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 125

lhaase

Greenie
Sep 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the shape!!! If i had to guess i would say honey... But that's just a guess. Great find.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
After all the different types I have dug thru the years I bet I would have at least a hundred varieties. Face cream finger jars dominate. Just as soon as you think you have seen them all, another pops up, like yours, I never seen that one. Often they come out with aluminum caps in fair shape. I wish I had kept every type of milk glass I ever dug, just for a the stupendous varieties involved, you could never get one of every type. Orange or even blueish striations are typical in thinner sections. That is a cool little milk glass jar, I certainly would not leave it in the dump.

OP
OP
mile-ender

mile-ender

Jun 29, 2009
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly what I was thinking when I picked it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread