NightShifter

Tenderfoot
Sep 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had some luck this weekend at garage sales and second hand shops:

1. This one is unknown, a "J" and 3 stars around it...any ideas? I only paid 1€ for it
2. Benedictine, paid 2€
3. Hartwall memorial bottle, 1986 but made to look old. I paid 7€ for this and and I have seen them go for around 50€ on the Finnish "ebay"
4. Oxygenol, Finnish mouthwash. Kinda new bottle but it looked cool and I paid 2€ for it
5. This is the best find, Anton Riemerschmid, Munchen. There is 2 for sale on ebay and both are screwtops so mine is older. I only paid 50 euro cents for it! :D
6. Found the big Benedictine bottle on saturday and this one today so they look good togheter :)

20121020_163237.jpg

20121020_163313.jpg

20121021_154739.jpg

So there you go,dont know if this stuff interests you since its not from USA but :)

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Had some luck this weekend at garage sales and second hand shops:

1. This one is unknown, a "J" and 3 stars around it...any ideas? I only paid 1€ for it
2. Benedictine, paid 2€
3. Hartwall memorial bottle, 1986 but made to look old. I paid 7€ for this and and I have seen them go for around 50€ on the Finnish "ebay"
4. Oxygenol, Finnish mouthwash. Kinda new bottle but it looked cool and I paid 2€ for it
5. This is the best find, Anton Riemerschmid, Munchen. There is 2 for sale on ebay and both are screwtops so mine is older. I only paid 50 euro cents for it! :D
6. Found the big Benedictine bottle on saturday and this one today so they look good togheter :)

So there you go,dont know if this stuff interests you since its not from USA but :)

It interests me, but I'd like to see some older glass. There is a long glass-blowing tradition in Scandinavia, I believe. What else do you have to make us think about a bottle expedition to Finland? :hello:

OP
OP
N

NightShifter

Tenderfoot
Sep 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im really new to bottle hunting and collecting so I dont have much to show yet :P Im sure there is old glass to be found here but I havent really found any good places yet to dig! And usually the old ones had paperlabels and no embossing so that makes it kinda booring compared to USA!

bigben1973

Greenie
Jul 16, 2011
newark,delaware
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
beautiful glass bottles esp the "oxyenol" bottle-i've never seen one that big before.I had one like that only in a smaller size but still the olive-green color.The others are familiar as well.The club i belonged to in south jersey many years ago featured a bottle collector from sweden one year that brought some of this collection to the USA for us to see.Some of those types of bottles he had in his collection-was very educational and very cool to look at.keep on hunting for those great deals my friend.You never know what might turn up and what you might come acrossed in your search :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread