• IMG_5874a.JPG
    IMG_5874a.JPG
    323 KB · Views: 389

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Any embossing? Where does the seam of the bottle go? Does it go all the way through the top or does it go partially up the neck and fade away.

OP
OP
I

Indiana Joe

Greenie
Sep 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I brought that one home and took some pics ... seam goes right up to the top. 5987a.jpg

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, #5 is a medicine or chemical, # 7 is a ketchup, and #8 is a whiskey bottle, probably 1920's and up, cool finds though

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Indiana Joe,I came across an old bottle dump out in the woods by my house,it has more tin cans then glass or so I thought,I decided to dig down in a clearing just to see if there was more under the trash that was on top.After digging that trench,I relized that there was a whole other dump that was there before the dump that was sitting on it.It also helps if you know the area,I found out that an old dairy sat on the property and before that(50 years earlier),sharecroppers lived on or around that site.

garbageman

Mar 20, 2009
Joliet, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Tesoro Tiger Shark
Here is info on the maker of the bottle that you showed up close. I hope it helps. -Garbageman

• C in a triangle……Consumers Glass Company, Ville St. Pierre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (1917-2002). Mark was an inverted triangle (point down) from 1917 to 1961, and a slightly rounded “right-side up” triangle after 1962, according to information per Toulouse. Consumers Glass (division of Consumers Packaging, Inc) was acquired by Owens-Illinois, Inc. (O-I) in 2002 and is now known as O-I Canada. I am assuming (but do not know this to be true) that all bottles produced after O-I acquired Consumers Glass are marked with Owens-Illinois identification (i.e. “I inside an O” or “O-I”) and the “C in a triangle with rounded corners” logo has been discontinued. See also “C.G.C.”.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread