The ND Co. bottle?? Makers Mark or actual Notre Dame Bottle?? Need Help

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Found this little amber bottle close to Notre Dame University and cannot find anything about it. I figure someone would know what it was used for. It had a syringe type applicator as well. As you can see the base has embossing of The ND co? The Co appears to have a crescent or semicircle around the O. Its not from the Owens glass co. The ND is embossed the same as the monogram for Notre Dame. The liquid inside the bottle smelled like garlic. Very strong smell. Not sure what medications or concoctions smell like garlic. The bottle was found in a privy dating to 1910-1920.
Any thoughts on the maker or what it may have been used for would be great. jgas

Attachments

• n1.jpg
    n1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 365
  • n2.jpg
    n2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 357
  • n3.jpg
    n3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 407
  • n4.jpg
    n4.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 327
OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks E., but did they use castor oil with a glass syringe? Glass pusher not a needle but more like an eye dropper style is with the bottle.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think they did, I only went with that because I found an old article about castor oil online and the N.D. Co. was in parenthese before the article, but it never mentioned them any further...GRRRRRRRRRR

idigjars

Feb 27, 2012
SW Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you see the cone ink marked Notre Dame Ind that Gary listed on ebay? It got up to $2900 and reserve wasn't met. Very cool. Paul :)

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hey Surf, Thanks for the info on the bottle. It sure looks like that will be it. Thanks again, jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread