Need Help Identifying/Dating these Coke Bottles

BobIndy

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I am a huge Coca-Cola buff and collector, and I found some old bottles at a flea market. They were cheap and looked cool and felt heavy, so I got them. I just can't quite figure out when they date from. Both are green, and feel quite heavy and thick. Both are embossed. Both say "Trademark Registered In US Patent Office" under the Coca Cola script on one side, and on the other, "Trademark Registered Contents 6 1/2 FL OZS". On the bottom of one, it says "Mt. Sterling, Ky". The numbers "62-89" are on the side of the bottle. The other bottle is identical, except it says "Jellico, Tenn" on the bottom, and it has the numbers "59-33" on the side. Both bottles are 6 1/2 Ozs and are greenish. There are no numbers on the bottom, just the name of the town and a "C". Can someone help me date them? The numbers I listed are the only ones on the bottles, am wondering if they can date them for me. I love them and am hoping they are actually old! Also what is the best way to clean an old bottle so as to preserve it? Thanks for any help! Below are some pics of the bottles.

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Both bottles are reproduction 1989
David Porter.jpg

Best advice is stay away from US Patent Coke bottles for new collectors and stick to Pat D and before..

As for cleaning, use pebbles and water to clean the inside using your finger to plug the top tumble them dump rinse and repeat.. for the outside use a soft scrub pad and if there is build up film on the inside soak in toilet bowl cleaner and use a baby bottle brush

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread