GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a rare Hutchinson if you know anything about Coke-a-Cola.

Attachments

• Bottle 001.jpg
    Bottle 001.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Bottle 003.jpg
    Bottle 003.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 93

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel, is that one you found????

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel, is that one you found????

I wish! A buddy of mine who live in Savannah bought it and was showing it off to me. He wanted to sell it but the price was higher than what I could do at the moment.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean. I'm gonna try to start a coca cola collection for Monroe and Ruston, LA and possibly Vicksburg

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its just a dream right now.... But i think with some time i might be able to put together a decent collection

antlerman23

Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey vik, looks like it has been demoted to scarce... still that means there are less than 100 examples known!
too bad its not a very desirable bottle...

Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Not to stir up what seemed to be a delicate post here lol but wanted to share this

I came across this post while researching a certain Hutch! I used this info and other sites to decide on weather or not to make a bottle purchase ($cherry deal) on what was a very POOR LISTING lacking information of the bottle and obvious lack of Knowledge of the seller( if your going to sell a Hutchinson) at least put HUTCH or HUTCHINSON in the listing !

Anyway, my search lead me to Hutchbook as well as to this post, and my first search on hutchbook. Thanks to Epackge I decided to dig deeper with their search tool and get SOMETHING on this bottle on PDF file catalog .

2 points of interest or clarification for me, Epackage in a earlier response you said that "R" rare S "scarce" both make sense but "-" dash equaled common...was this because when you posted that it had Not been updated the way it is now? because now The key at the bottom of the PDF they have "C" for common and '-" Dash as unknown. Just a Question , trying to figure it out myself, little confusing because I don't see a DASH in a few I just see a EPMTY box? what is the empty for that given example, or have they just not determined it s rarity yet for that particular one? enlightenment would be great if anyone knows.

Question is, I picked this bottle up for $15 today...and there are only 2 related to this one in the HUTCHBOOK pdf Catalog but its neither one of them , same company name ...different embossing not listed. big Question.....does these mean there is a" Chance" this is a Rare Unkown unlisted what ever you want to call it Hutch(no such known example) ?

any thoughts are welcomed , Thanks guys

oh I guess I should tell you the bottle lol

J H KUMP PORTLAND IND

Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
So this may clear some things up

Just spoke with Hutchbook via email

Empty Box means they are missing a rarity rating, and still needs to be provided by the correct person I suppose .

for their site "Rare"-less then 10 known, "Scarce "10-100 know and "Common "100+

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Good thing you contacted Ron, he's always helpful, I was gonna tell you the same thing he did. Since he started hutchbook there have been many changes, bottles once considered rare or scarce are now in the common category, trying to handle all the updates for 18,000+ bottles is a major undertaking and he relies heavily on "experts" like me to give him the details on specific areas, but he doesn't seek out the experts they need to be more proactive in helping with the updates. Congrats on your find, I also found another unlisted hutch yesterday, it's always exciting.

I have added 70+ hutches in the last two years alone...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread