id help

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax, Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could post under the what is it forum but why not go straight to the pros, eh. dont know much about glass but heres my observations- bottle is labeled ounces and has measurement increments from 1 to 8,there is a seam that circles around the entire base and the seams run vertically up the entire length of the bottle including the lip. the opening, however, looks as if required a cork. on the bottom of the bottle reading from the top number down is a 2 then the letter B enclosed by a circle in the middle, followed by a 4278 underneath the circled B. from what i understand, a continuous seam means the bottle was produced after 1900, but a cork top points towards it being older than that. a bit confused i am. bottles 001.JPG bottles 002.JPG bottles 003.JPG bottles 004.JPG

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a baby/nursing bottle.

OP
OP
B

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any idea how young it it?

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello bufaloelectric,

PikesPeakCharlie is right on. It was made by Brockway Glass, post 1925.

"B in a circle………Brockway Machine Bottle Company (1907-1933); Brockway Glass Company (1933-1988), Brockway, Pennsylvania. “B in a circle” mark was first used in 1925. In 1964, 10 of the 12 Hazel-Atlas Glass Co. plants were acquired. Brockway eventually had (at one time) up to 16 different plant locations." Thanks David Whitten.

baby+4.jpg

OP
OP
B

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet. thanks for the info folks! and just realize i cant mark this post as solved. im guessing thats only an option in the what is it forum. sorry if i made a mess. lesson learnt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread