a bottle

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax, Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fur bottle 002.JPG fur bottle 003.JPG fur bottle 004.JPG fur bottle 005.JPG fur bottle 006.JPG

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey bufaloeletric,

It appears to be a leather & cowhide covered one, at that. Probably of Spanish or Italian manufacture. You didn't provide any backstory. Do you have some question about it?

OP
OP
B

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax, Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey bufaloeletric,

It appears to be a leather & cowhide covered one, at that. Probably of Spanish or Italian manufacture. You didn't provide any backstory. Do you have some question about it?

had bought it at a yardsale a few years back just because i liked it. i didnt have much interest in bottles then, but in the past month i have taken an interest in bottles. was reading Antique Trader "Bottles" by Michael Polak and bam, i remembered that i had that bottle on a shelf in the house. had completely forgot about it. all i can tell about it is that the glass of the bottle is a dark green color, has a small bubble just inside of the lip, and doesnt appear to have a seam that runs through the top. would like to "unwrap" it and find out what kind of bottle exactly it is. dont believe thats a good idea tho. im not so sure thats cattle hair on it either. i would be interested in anything you could tell me about it. or if there are similar ones to be found. thank you for your time.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Most likely a generic wine bottle from the areas Surf mentioned. No real value in it if unwrapped and not much more than a decorator piece as is...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread