surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey ba,

It's probably heresy in these parts, but I don't have a detector, and only screen once in a great while. Despite that, I've found coins, jewelry, tokens,, buckles, guns, knives & assorted other goodies.

May you have good diggings.

DSC01508.jpg

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you surf. I hope i can make a few finds in the very near future. If so, perhaps you would be willing to look at them and perhaps evaluate them for me. I have noticed you are well educated in the field if glassware.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A detector will be useless in pivy / trash pits. There is so much rusted and broken metal bits that your detector would never stop responding. Use a screen.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks jason

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I am lucky enough to get into a concentrated area, I use a sifter and go through all the material. The metal detector is of little use.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We always would brag that not much got by us while diggin a privy, one diggin, one checkin the pile. We would come home with marbles,coins ,tokens,doll parts,all kinds of small relics,I must admitt we were pretty cocky about it. Then I walked up to a hole we had dug and filled in a week earlier,, lying right on top of the hole,was an unlisted token,needless to say,since that day, we have screened every privy weve been in,,,,,sometimes it pay's off ,,,, sometimes it doesn't.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread