my forgotten and rediscovered bottle

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax, Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had this tucked away, and recently remembered where it was. its an aqua glass with small bubbles within the glass itself. i cant find a seam whatsoever, the mouth of the bottle is slightly off-centered. and the lip has what i call a grain that goes around the circumference of itself, i think this might mean the lip was hand tooled, im no expert tho. there is a scar on the bottom and i think thats called the pontil mark. any info would be appreciated. thank you for your time.
aqua bottle 002.JPG aqua bottle 003.JPG aqua bottle 004.JPG aqua bottle 005.JPG aqua bottle 006.JPG

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey bufaloelectric,

That's an olive oil bottle. It's not pontiled, but may have a bit of a dimple in the base. I'm having trouble seeing details in your photos. Perhaps it was made in a turn mold, explaining the lack of visible seams. Bottles like nice natural light for their portraits. 8-)

il_fullxfull.76009534.jpg

OP
OP
B

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax, Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotcha. im cleaning up an old mason jar ive walked past hundreds of times at my parents place before noticing it. its funny how the finders fever makes you notice things that you have never really paid attention too. once i finish cleaning on it, ill do the oil bottle. then take a pic in the natural light. thanks for the info.

GTK96

Jul 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I gotcha😎

Attachments

• image-4221959388.jpg
    image-4221959388.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 94

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread