Bass Assassin 10

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I promised you pictures of my spot so here are a few. My house is at the red spot in the middle of the row of houses. This is an old village site but long gone and completely destroyed by erosion and re-building. The picture is taken near a mile out with the tide on a minus 1 low. There is a channel that runs through the bay and there are local salmon, crab, and oyster boats out all the time. Not much of any sport fishing. The reverse picture is a channel marker that marks the spot where I was standing in the bay looking at the houses. The pictures of people in the “mud” is the basin where I find the bottles. Where that pennant is actually marks the spot the bottles pop out of. Notice the houses close by. You rarely see anyone at the houses but if you notice the rock jetties (beyond “my spot”)…that is a good place to duck hunt when the tide starts to come in during the fall migration. In other pictures you can see some of the remains of cedar trees from the earthquake of 1700. And notice the obvious signs of habitation and use…bricks, foundation stones, remains of wood pilings etc. around the basin. These pictures make it look like a mud hole but actually it is really quite nice.

Here is a nice “Ayers Pills” one of my sons picked up here, it was a while ago and I didn’t think much of it at the time as I recall.

Attachments

• IMGP9505.JPG
    IMGP9505.JPG
    293.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMGP9496.JPG
    IMGP9496.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMGP9489.JPG
    IMGP9489.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMGP8850.JPG
    IMGP8850.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMGP8837.JPG
    IMGP8837.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00690.JPG
    DSC00690.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
  • DSC00696.JPG
    DSC00696.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • DSC03466.JPG
    DSC03466.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 95

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
764667d1364143996-bass-assassin-10-imgp9489.jpg

Hey unclemac,

Thanks for this state of the beach orientation. It looks like a great spot. Is that an earthquake cedar behind the treasure flag? Does that little 'island' to which it's clinging move around at all?

Are you in Geoduck territory? \

2008_05_14-Geoducks.jpg

How about razor clams? I could really go for a mess'a razor clams about now, and a Rainier.

tumblr_m0g3vuneeg1qzpja8o1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey unclemac, is this beach basically a private beach that only the landowners have access to? Looks like a little piece of heaven. Thanks again for the photos

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
nope....nogeoducks and few razor clams. We dig cockles, manilas, native little necks,butter and of course, horse clams. There is no limit on the manilas as they arean "invasive" species; it takes me about 15 minutes to dig all I needfor a day.

the "island" does not move around, it is a clay formation, which iswhat the entire beach pops in and out of. that particular tree is not one ofthe old cedars, the kid with the red boots is walking next to one of those. theold cedars are flat against the beach, wave warn down to sprawling roots and corestump. that tree on the island is the remnant of what the whole basin arealooked like 40 years ago, as a grove of spruce trees. you see, some county commissionerdecided it would be a great idea to take sand from the beach for a roadproject, since there was an old wagon track that lead from the highway to thebeach. within a few years the low, (3 foot up from the beach, mini forest waskilled off by erosion.

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
the whole seven miles of beach is an odd patchwork of public and private tidelands, sometimes crossing from one to the other within the space of a single building lot. no one seems to yap about it however, most people are not living there full time (on the beach) and the natives come and go as they please.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread