Diggers Show on T V

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading something on the internet a few weeks ago about a privy digger who will have a show on tv this fall. This guy is supposed to be for real and not some actor they found to fit the show. If there's any places out there you have in mind to hunt but haven't asked, now might be a good time to do it because i'm guessing by this Christmas there will be a new crop of diggers out there. Good points and bad points down the road for all of us. I can see folks making it hard on the rest of us by being rude and careless. At the same time, some exposure to bottle collecting could drive the value of your older bottles to a much higher rate. Thoughts and opinions?

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey ba,

I've not heard this news, but cannot imagine it doing anything positive for the digging community. I mean, look what Ric Savage has done for big time wrestling, or whatever it is that he does. I've seen that show, or parts of it, a coupla times. I've not become a fan, nor run out and bought a detector just yet. I would watch, if Mr..'Boom Baby' had the dogs sicced on him occasionally. 8-)

I've not seen that NatGeo show with the peculiar lingo guys. Have either of these TV shows impacted the value of rusty relics or corroded coinage?

With the nature of television; there has gotta be some element of "special effects," salted privies, and dumps concocted by the prop department. Will there be a run on shovels...

I can't imagine a show depicting an eight hour dig of a privy that's been dipped to death, or grid probing a back or side yard. Digging an ABD pit will not be featured. Studying the Sanborns is not good TV. Digging is not my idea of a sport that translates well to the small screen. I cannot name a good digging movie, can you.

Today there was a casting call here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/346492-tv-show-ldm-confederate-gold.html

b12fa6384ea62c14cd838e1a90d274692e333535.jpg

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those a some very good points and i definitely agree with you. I threw the value of bottles going up "out there" because to be quite honest with you, i can't really think of anything positive the show would do for bottle collectors. I think i like things the way they are presently. No big spotlights on bottle digging and bottle collecting. I wish things would stay like that.

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, Holes was a funny movie. What about Journey to the Center of the Earth? They had to dig a pretty big hole for that one. The Hobbit is about a hobbit who lived in a hole. Then there's Alice in Wonderland, where she falls into a hole. Although I have to say, you're right, I can't think of a mov.... WAIT!!! Shawshank Redemption. HA! 8-)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if you remember the privy dig on that Treasures show
from the Travel channel a few years ago,

Picture 049.jpg

and the Crap Storm that followed by the Archeological community,
claiming it was Illegal

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats part if the problem too. The archeological community wants to lay claim to everything beneath the ground and tell you that you shouldn't be digging bottles because bottles are artifacts. Most of them don't want to dig bottles or don't care about bottles but at the same time they don't want you to dig them either.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
private land, private property...not like the U.K> where the crown owns "treasure".....what a crock!

detectingarizona

Feb 4, 2013
tempe, arizona, usa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter challenger, and Ace 250, gold nugget bucket!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just started bottle coletcting in november, i got a few jems, i am going and getting a 1820's ale today after school. i am going to sell it in a few weeks, i dont think the New bottle digging show will do much for value, but when people are going to be digging and breaking bottles, and people going to be posting, i just found a RARE Budlight bear bottle! it is worth 50 bucks! total bs, but it has been happening for a while, HH

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post a picture of that bottle if you don't mind. Take pics in natural light, and get a good one up close of the bottom of the bottle

detectingarizona

Feb 4, 2013
tempe, arizona, usa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter challenger, and Ace 250, gold nugget bucket!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i went to go buy it after school yester day, and they had sold it already, it was real, i had Chad hurst authenticate it, he said it was real, it was a very dark green glass, hand blown, aplied neck, and pontiled bottom

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, sorry to hear that. Maybe next time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread