Bass Assassin 18

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
And then there are these bottle necks. I can’t help myself I just have to pick up the old cork top and crown top ones. For all the intact medicines and beverage bottles I HAVE found there must be, well, ten times as many cool necks that would have been a blast to find whole. Oh well, that’s what I get for plinking away with my 22 when I was a kid, or tossing all those rocks.

My bowl is getting pretty full but hey, I still got a few years left in me and space at the top!

There are a couple of places where I find these. One is my basin and another is a spot about 4 miles to the south. Both of these areas also have bits of broken brick and metal scrap too. Not to mention wooden planks and posts in the clay. Pretty obvious habitation sites, empty now and over looked. Both of these sites have given up lithics in the past as well.

A lot of these necks have corks still in them and of course the one I found still had its glass stopper. I will post it again anyway, I just love how the green neck pops out with a purple stopper, magnificent!

Attachments

• DSC03680.JPG
    DSC03680.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC03681.JPG
    DSC03681.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC03682.JPG
    DSC03682.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC03323.JPG
    DSC03323.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 90

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unclemac, that is alot of necks. How many total? You might have to get a bigger bowl.

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There is over 120. I love the multitude of color and style....these days I no longer bother with the crown tops unless they seem mighty special.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a beginner in the bottle collection establishment, i was just looking over a site on the internet that explains bottle basics. I was looking over a section that explains how to tell the age of a bottle by looking at the lips. I just realized a broken bottle neck i left behind, while hunting with my son recently, was much older than i thought. The neck had an applied square band, red in color. Think i will go back to retrieve it ! And do a little more shovel work!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread