some nice bottles i found today.

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
minelab sd2100. whites gmt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one says the celebrated horse medicine..and the one with the liquid in it still has the cork sealing it.
DSC00881.JPG

DSC00883.JPG

DSC00884.JPG

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bottles. Did you find them out hunting and cleaned them already or were they from a store?

OP
OP
M

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dug them out of the earth today. :)

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really nice cleaning job. I have a way that works well for me. May I ask how you clean yours? They look great.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds! Tell us more about this adventure

OP
OP
M

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to much to it,found the old homesite years ago when I was bush whacking around,saw a small part of an old stove and started looking closer and saw where the spot was sitting a little higher than the rest of the ground,and then found some old wall corners,so this year got looking for metal detector info and found this site which got me excited about getting out and looking around so I went down and started to dig just inside one of the walls,got down about a foot and hit something hard,thinking it was a root I hit it again still sounded hard so got my hands in there and found the first bottle which amazingly didn't break,and 3 more right next to it,2of which still had corks and one of them had some liquid in it still.so i called up my wife and told her to come down bring the boys and try it out,so she came down and i took the boys so she could do some digging after wandering around and throwing rocks into the river we headed back to see how mom was doing,she had been being very careful hadnt moved far so i took the shovel and while the boys played in the dirt.about 2feet away felt something pretty hard so my wife started digging in with her hands and pulled out 3more,you should have seen her face light up when she saw it was a nice not broken bottle,also I threw a quarter in the dirt where my 4 year old son was digging and he was super excited whe he found it.so i was pretty excited and the good part is i still have a bunch more ground to search.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May i ask what party of the country do you live. Those are some nice finds. Can we get some more pictures of them in daylight, outside? Specifically the "horse" bottle and the little cutie on the back row

OP
OP
M

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana and I am currently visiting my dad in Nevada but when I get home ill throw some more pictures on here.

Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, you found them in Nevada?

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
knowing how few peopel lived out there90 years ago,ther a lucky find.

OP
OP
M

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are some more pics for you bass if you would like anything different or more specific let me know.. its hard to get a perfect shot so i took a few different ones :)..
DSC00964.JPG
DSC00966.JPG
DSC00970.JPG
DSC00967.JPG
DSC00971.JPG

OP
OP
M

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some pics of the site..
DSC00893.JPG
DSC00897.JPG the tree in this pic is growing right out of the middle of the house..
DSC00898.JPG stove door.
DSC00899.JPG one of the corners.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
790721d1366870943-some-nice-bottles-i-found-today-dsc00898.jpg

Hey Montana,

That looks like a great site. I hope you are digging as I type. Looks like you have some good helpers, too.

Why are you keeping that liquid in the corked one?

~~~~~~~~~

"H. H. H. HORSE MEDICINE.
The popularity that this curative compound has attained, induced parties to manufacture and sell an imitation under the name of the celebrated " H. H. H. Horse Medicine." By a recent decision, Jan. 4, 1889. Judge Spencer of the Superior Court of Santa Clara county, says this proprietary medicine belongs to H. H. Moore & Sons of Stockton, and any one selling his own or that manufactured by another, will be liable in damages.
This liniment has been used nearly 20 years on the Pacific Coast, and gained a reputation for being an indispensable article for the farmer and stockin in. This reliable and enterprising firm feel under many obligations to thi-ir numerous patrons, and are stimulated to make diligent labor to keep the 11. H. H. liniment up to its usual high standard of excellence. They also manufacture the "H.H. H. Healing Ointment' 1 and "H. H. H. Condition Powders. 1'
As druggists and pharmacists they rank high in their profession, and any cur.itive compound bearing their trade-m irk cm be relied upon tor the purposes indicated and set forth." California Digital Newspaper Collection ? Pacific Rural Press 26 January 1889 ? H. H. H. HORSE MEDICINE.

hi-res
Moore, H. H. and son, druggists, horse medicine, plant at Stockton, 1880's 87

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread