Bottles and more

wjsobolewski

Dec 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some bottles that were worth keeping rather than recycling the glass. Not all are embossed but some are. From left to right are two brown Clorox bottles, several bottles in a straight line are embossed with Federal law forbids the reuse or resale of the bottles, Memen bottles, Ace shoe polish bottles, and some misc bottles. If you look carefully, there is a pink candle stick holder. I found it with a marble stuck in it. I drilled the marble out and now it is useful as a candle stick holder again. All were found in a dump along a creek on my property.

Attachments

• jsw_001.jpg
    jsw_001.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks for sharing your bottle finds. Didn't realize you found so many! How long have you been digging there? There are some folks on this forum that can tell you exactly what you have and provably date them for you.

OP
OP
W

wjsobolewski

Dec 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I initially used the metal detector to locate the site....the detector found rusty cans and lots of broken glass and dishes. I then put the detector away and started digging with shovel or a hand trowel to avoid breaking bottles.....that is when I started finding both embossed and unembossed bottles and lots of metal, toys, etc. I found a lot of "treasures" in a very small area that was about 10 ft by 10 ft. I am still working the area and will quit when there is nothing else to retrieve.
Hey thanks for sharing your bottle finds. Didn't realize you found so many! How long have you been digging there? There are some folks on this forum that can tell you exactly what you have and provably date them for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions