Bottles of the Bay !

Lewdog

Jun 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all , I was looking up a bottle I found in a marsh /beach area and found this site and had to join . I live in Mathews county, Virginia which sticks out into the Chesapeake bay . Way back when people used to dump their non-burnable trash off the bank and it has been my luck that the bottles and glass things are sunk in the mud under water. All waiting to be found by someone like myself . Saltwater is in my blood and being a duck hunter I get to enjoy two loves at the same time . Over 40 years of it and never found a old bottle I didn't like and I have the best of the best in my home and the rest I wrote the name Lewdog with the bottom up shoved into the mud so the next finder will know I was there :cross: :hello2: and to protect the bottles from sand and breakage .
Hunting on dry land out back behind the foundation of a old home is fun and every home had a dump within 100 yards of the back door but those spots can only be hunted in the winter . Water hunting bottles can be done year round day and yes at night .
Sorry for all the BS without any bottles to look at , maybe the next post I'll do better .

:skullflag: LD :anchor:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Virginia for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oradden

May 31, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the site, hope to see some bottle finds soon and hear the stories to go with them! Good luck!

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! The Bay has gobs of history of all sorts-- can't wait to see some of your finds! So many dumps, so little time... Happy Hunting! Yak

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions