deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For starters I rent the place I'm living at and the place is up for sale.We're trying to buy it ourseleves,but for now we're only renters.
It's an old school house built in 1894.

Stacy took the new probe that just showed up Wed. out in the backyard and found a little maybe 2X2 foot square where the probe buries itself.It's only about 20" from the back door dead center in the yard.

I'm thinking we may have found the old privy.

Outside the little square area.

Inside the area.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
What am I looking at deershed? What kind of Probe is that? Does it measure something - beep, etc.? Honest - never saw one like that.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your new probe !! , the dirt on the tip looks fairly clean,is there any ash or red or black on it ?? I'd dig a test hole to see if any trash appears,, around here the school house's had 2 pits (his & hers) and are normally about 6' x 3' if they were side by side,have seen,found them when they were 20' apart and a smaller hole such as yours. If your worried about the grass,lay down a tarp and put all the dirt on it,so it will all go back in the hole,,,,Good luck !!!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a jaken probe. Nice tool, have one identical to it. I'm with PPC, start digging, definitely worth investigating

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a jaken probe. Nice tool, have one identical to it. I'm with PPC, start digging, definitely worth investigating

That's exactly what it is,a 5 footer.

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'd had already started digging if I was on better terms with the landlord.

The tip looked clean with just dirt no different then anywhere else in the yard.

A question,a couple months ago the boy was working the medal detector in the backyard.Down hill and to the side about 15" the kid kept getting a solid hit.He digs everything so he dug this.
He uncovered a drain pipe coming from the general direction of the spot where the probe buried.I never heard of out houses with a drainage system?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread