Back to square one.

Oradden

May 31, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
So, after walking around town today and visiting the town hall to look for phone numbers and hours to a few local historians we decided to go home. On the long walk back home we stopped in a shop to see if they had any bottles. No luck there so we kept on walking. As we continued to walk we saw some old glass on the side of the road and decided to look along the side of the road all the way home. Friend reaches for glass and I say "let's just keep movi..." I look down and find an old coca cola bottle or what appeared to be old...

After about an hour or so at home I needed to get my bottle fix so we kept thinking of where to go. Friend remembers the first dump he ever found and thought, I was younger.. and maybe wasn't so careful. Let's go back up there. We did go back up there with our tools and such and completely landscaped the area for hours moving rocks, roots, dirt everything. Finding tons and tons of bottle necks embossed pieces of glass, cobalt glass, bottoms of flasks that we could identify. Everything was from the 1870's-1890's. Such a promising area....kept working....sweating...crying over the broken bottoms that were facing us as we dug..keeping all the broken tops in one area, looking over on occasion and seeing the beautiful colors in the sunlight and the crude applied tops...

After all that this is our incredibly amazing find!!!

amazing find.jpg

:laughing7:

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For what it's worth, I've come home with less after a full day of digging and hoping the next one would be whole. Good luck.

OP
OP
O

Oradden

May 31, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh bottle digging is such a pleasure sometimes isn't it? I will be posting a picture of the coca cola bottle as well.

OP
OP
O

Oradden

May 31, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sidewalk Coke.jpg

This is the coke bottle we found walking down the road, not too old but I like bottles of all sorts.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes you gotta take whatever is given unto you on that day. I've come home with only one of these before, and many times nothing at all. There's always tomorrow! Happy hunting

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
chief-dan-george.jpg

"Endeavor to persevere..."​

OP
OP
O

Oradden

May 31, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The dump that this bottle came out of is now crossed off the list. It was a very small dump. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread