Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
attachment.php

Hey steam,

I share an affinity for the "littles," and the just plain cool funky stuff one can find.

What's this Man of Steel piece all about? He would make a great piece of repurposed art / jewelry, in my opinion.

DSC03623_zps9f5adf9c.jpg

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steamjunker, after you are done with surf's question, that blue pc in the far right corner-is that a snuff jar. Can't quite make it out

Oradden

May 31, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
So while we're on the subject of these odd little pieces. I usually find these 5-8 inch cylinders with flat bottoms about an inch in diameter that are grey in dumps. Don't have an image but does anyone know what I'm talking about? If not I'll start a new thread with an image. Haven't done any bottle digging without finding these things here in Massachusetts. They are human made.. maybe even machine made. Smooth grey cylinders. Any ideas? :icon_scratch:

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So while we're on the subject of these odd little pieces. I usually find these 5-8 inch cylinders with flat bottoms about an inch in diameter that are grey in dumps. Don't have an image but does anyone know what I'm talking about? If not I'll start a new thread with an image. Haven't done any bottle digging without finding these things here in Massachusetts. They are human made.. maybe even machine made. Smooth grey cylinders. Any ideas? :icon_scratch:

I'd say go ahead with your own thread and pics if you can. Nobody is gonna ID them as quickly or accurately as they would with a couple of quick shots.

Oradden

May 31, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Alrighty, will do. Just gonna be a while until I can get back to the nearest dump.. and hopefully don't forget.

OP
OP
S

steamjunker

Jun 1, 2013
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The plastic man is a 1955 "mail away" Kellogg's Flying Superman,good guess,a rare sprinkler "The Jewel", and the little blue piece is a Wyeth eye wash cup, I wish it was a snuff. When I dug the sprinkler it was caked, I wasnt sure what it was, til I got home and cleaned it up a bit, turned out to be quite the little treasure, I always keep all the metal pieces I find, unless its to big to fit in my car,lol.

0001.jpg 0001a.jpg

OP
OP
S

steamjunker

Jun 1, 2013
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. It sounds to me like your digging up batteries, I find cyinders like that all the time in some of the dumps, avoid letting them touch your skin or clothing, lead poison, keep diggin deeper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

steamjunker

Jun 1, 2013
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 recent finds,NJ Turnpike Token and a compass insert to a Daisy Buck Jones Special BB Gun.
0001.jpg 0001a.jpg 012.JPG 013.JPG

OP
OP
S

steamjunker

Jun 1, 2013
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steamjunker, after you are done with surf's question, that blue pc in the far right corner-is that a snuff jar. Can't quite make it out

That is a Wyeth eye cup wash, I put a pic below somewhere.Sorry guys just getting used to this forum and replying,think I got it now.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love all the stuff you found,especially the little blue Superman and the sprinkler(if that's what it is) Congrats and welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
S

steamjunker

Jun 1, 2013
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your replies, I did some heavy research this week, goin out scouting in this beautiful weather for more dumps to add to my list in Bucks County PA.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs, man! I too love the little things- the stuff you're amazed you could find in a dump! The buttons are cool too. The whole pile-- Thanks for the look-see!
Yakker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread