• 2413407844a.jpg
    2413407844a.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 416

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, some of those look like they were made yesterday. Very nice indeed. Looks like you are gonna corner the market on all Patterson makes. Thanks for showing us.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Jim,

I saw your excellent research on the Forbes & Botbyl @ Joisey Bottles. Did you see that Botbyl's great grandson, apparently did, too. Did'ya get a fan leter?

"I’ve been snooping around the web lately, searching for distant relatives on my father’s side. Long lost Botbyls. My Great Grandpa, as it turns out, was born in 1892 in North Jersey and given the name Joost, because apparently Joost was an ok thing to be called back then. Fast forward a hundred years to my bus stop in South Jersey and (Johnny & Tommy can back me up on this) that name wasn’t going to end well for anyone. My Great Great Grandpa was born in Paterson, NJ, in 1859, and given the name Joost Andrew. (See where this is going?) His father, Pieter Joostz Botbijl, was born in the Netherlands in 1834...

It turns out that these jugs were made by a potter named Dan Mercer as advertisements for Forbes & Botbyl’s thriving North Jersey liquor business. Mercer lived and worked sometime between 1910 and 1950, and signed his work Dan Mercer Ware, Parkersburg W.VA..." Amphora (Wine Bottles) « ericbotbyl

forbesbotbylpaper.jpg

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes Surf I saw it, I think he used all my pics and research shots as well...

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome new additions!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread