A bottle i traded for

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I traded my broken straightside blown in mold Ruston, LA Coca Cola (1st picture) for an amber Straightside Coca Cola from Louisville, Ky (2nd bottle in photos). I think my bottle was a bit more scarce but I felt like it was a good trade because after all, mine was broken. The collector i traded with wanted my bottle for his display and he had 2 of the amber Louisville bottles. I found this 3rd bottle recently and am assuming it is a post 1935 liquor of some sort. This bottle has a wonderful color and some nice bubbles. Can anyone tell me what type of liquor this bottle held? Also, the neck on the bottle leans a bit and i am curious if it was hand applied or is that normal? The seam disappears at the neck from what i can tell????

image-3690708871.jpg

image-3690708871.jpg

image-3127605793.jpg

image-755224362.jpg

image-3336247537.jpg

image-3289472553.jpg

image-3104292706.jpg

image-1539918015.jpg

Attachments

• image-2752988383.jpg
    image-2752988383.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 103
OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, sorry, pictures aren't in correct order

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like those amber cokes. I don't have any and I don't think that any were in use in my area of S.W. Georgia. I never even heard of one being found around here. That liquor bottle that you've got there sure is pretty. I wonder if it was made to look older than what it really is?

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rebel, how are things in GA? Thanks for looking at my thread. I'm starting to have a"taste" for those old cokes. The liquor bottle is mystery to me.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bass,
I don't have a lot of straight sided cokes but, I'll try and post the few that I have coming up soon. I mostly collect Hutchinsons from Georgia & I have posted some of them here a pretty good while back. I always look to see if anyone else has posted a Georgia Hutch that I don't have but haven't seen any so far because I haven't seen even one other Hutch from Georgia posted. Must be someone out there that has a few to show! I would love to see ones from North Georgia not including Atlanta. I've got a few others from Fla, Ala, and La. all of which are common hutches. No cherries in that batch.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
The liquor bottle is from 1935-64, If you're happy with the trade that's all that really matters, the broken bottle you traded may be worth more than the amber straight side but it's always nice looking at a whole bottle compared to broken glass...

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks e-package.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
The liquor bottle has the look of Italian (or even Spanish) glass. Hand-finishing of such glass bottles persisted well into the 20th century. The embossed cautions in English may be a detail allowing import into the USA. My guess is that it contained a brandy or liqueur or some sort.

awhatley

May 31, 2012
marion, louisiana
Detector(s) used
Lone Star Bounty Hunter, son uses a JR Bounty Hunter, 2 modified centech pointers, fisher f2, fisher pinpointer, harbor freight detector, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've live 30 miles from Ruston, La. thats pretty cool. I just bought an old farm property and found a coca-cola one gallon glass syrup jug that still had the top on it, jus to bad the paper label wasnt still attached to jug.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Harry. I knew it had to be newer glass but at the same time i felt like there was some craftsmanship put into it. It really is a beautiful bottle. I found this bottle at the same place i found a champagne bottle a couple weeks ago. Maybe these people spent a little more on their liquor. I appreciate your input. ..BA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread