Bottles in antique store

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are not the greatest of pictures for questions. I apologize up front. I went to the local antique alley with the princess today and while she was of shopping around in one of the stores i spotted this beat little bottle shelf and snapped a few quick pictures of 2 bottles that interested me. The 1st bottle has a rounded edges on the bottom and the base is recessed (thats the photo on my finger sticking in the bottom if the bottle). This bottle says S. C. Gurnsey & Co. Keene, N H. I googled and found a different spelling "Guernsey" from the same city that was in the milk business i believe. Anyway, question is what was in the bottle and is the name possibly mispelled? This is an early looking straightside slugplate in very good condition with nice air bubble and aqua in color. .. The next bottle is embossed "soda water" and is four-sided with the indian chief embossing. Bottled in Natchitoches, LA. Is this a big chief soda?. Both bottles are in very good condition and each are priced at $15.00 does anyone no when the indian soda water was made? Not big on buying bottles but thinking the big chief my be a decent buy.

image-3611138242.jpg

image-3578875035.jpg

image-3264742295.jpg

image-650388129.jpg

image-3278354792.jpg

image-3520817981.jpg

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Yo Killer,

Are you sure that's not an N. G. Gurnsey & Co.?

I like the Natchitoches Big Chief, and think that may be an uncommon Coca-Cola flavor bottle. Looks like a rework on the 1920's Star flavor bottle. I'mo have to do some more lookin around on that one... How many ounces is it, if you remember?

140.jpg

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Surf, you are correct. It is N. G. Kurnsey. My memory is horrible in my older years. Lol. I just can't remember how many ounces the big chief was. Have been thinking i might stop back by next week and take that old warrior home with me anyway. He needs some attention. .. So what about the n g kurnsey bottle? Got any ideas? Maybe if was a soda water as well. It is an early bottle and the base is unique with those rounded corners.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry. N G Gurnsey not Kurnsey !!!!! I need some medication

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another one from today that was property of coca cola and had a stars (4 in total) around the neck. Neat looking bottle ad well. Bottled in Monroe, LA.

image-4184743432.jpg

image-4092514967.jpg

image-3782819498.jpg

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Bass,

The store is asking too much. If you want 'em; offer $15 for the threesome. I wouldn't go over $10 each on the flavor bottles. That Monroe is another variant on the 20's style star flavor bottle.

coke_flavor_and_contour_bottles.jpg
MagnoliaCCbott.jpg

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Surf, appreciate the information. I might work them down on the big chief.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions