Privy dug , rare Colorado druggist found

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning to all ! First my apologies ,I shared this in todays finds & forgot to post it here for ya all to see. This past Monday,"Santa" showed up at my door, took me out hunting. We caught a friend at home ,who owns 2 city lots,,, "go for it guys,have fun ! we found a shallow pit,which produced the rare 1/2oz Central drug co from CC. In 30 years I have only seen 5or6 of these ,including this one,the 1/2 oz is the only known size for this bottle. We also shifted the last foot of the pit and came up with a Indian head and some other trinkets,also detected a buch of trinkets. I have been doing some cleaning on some of the items. The Indian head,is a 1891, and a gold guilted eagle button is starting to show its face. It sure is nice to have "Santa" vist me numerous times through the year and not just on Christmas eve 8-) Oh & I also found a token that I can read "worlds greatest gold camp" & Cripple Creek ,on it,

Attachments

• DSCF5544.JPG
    DSCF5544.JPG
    294.8 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCF5547.JPG
    DSCF5547.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCF5549.JPG
    DSCF5549.JPG
    650 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCF5550.JPG
    DSCF5550.JPG
    456.9 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCF5553.JPG
    DSCF5553.JPG
    328.9 KB · Views: 157

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations again charlie

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day,Congrats!!

Maybe we need to start digging privys.

OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gleaner,here you go, we have found a few of these through the years. I 'm sure it was damaged by fire.

Attachments

• DSCF5552.JPG
    DSCF5552.JPG
    322.1 KB · Views: 121

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer med! can't seem to find it in Prebble's book, it's gotta be rare! Would love to see a closeup of the token, and glad to see that you're still kicking butt!
Carl

Last edited:
OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl it is RARE ! but also known,somehow it got missed when Glen was doing the book,we have never seen them in any size except 1/2oz. I will send ya pics of the token ,it cleaned up great,,, but wasnt quite what I expected ,,,,,,,,,,,

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice find Pikes, sorry I have been out of the game for awhile but slowly getting back at it. Keep it safe out there brother and again nice find! jgas

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he is using the "seeing- eye shovel" method. Seriously, sometimes you can locate a privy with a metal detector if there is a lot of iron content towards the top. ...if you want to find privies, get a probe and a tube of ben-gay. After you sink that probe in the ground about 100 times, you'll know what the ben-gay is for

OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replies ! JGAS, Good to hear from you ! cant wait to see your next pit ! . KSRD ,I have found one bottle with my metal detector,it was at a WWII traing ground,I picked up the metal lid on it. Finding a privy with the metal detector is very possible ,but very time consuming in the areas I hunt (old mining camps)because of all the iron trash in the ground. Bass ,gave a good description, find a probe and start pokin depressions in the ground,try to find old pictures that show the privys. and keep the icy hot handy !

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl it is RARE ! but also known,somehow it got missed when Glen was doing the book,we have never seen them in any size except 1/2oz. I will send ya pics of the token ,it cleaned up great,,, but wasnt quite what I expected ,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks! I'll send them off to Glen, I really need to go and see his collection.
He called me about two minutes after I sent him the photos of the Wigwam and the Boulder Citrate.
That one is really sparking some interest.
Carl

OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here it is all cleaned up . Carl,I bet its getting some attention !!!,are the offers coming out of the woodwork.

Attachments

• DSCF5645.JPG
    DSCF5645.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 67

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a sweet little bottle, looks great all cleaned up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread