Bottles in the creekbed

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hunting an old wooded area and along the creek this morning before I hit the old house. In the valley, was a lot of broken pottery, old rusted junk, broken glass, old mason jar lids, pieces of coal, and pieces of brass & iron.
As I was detecting, I was moving the leaves around with my foot and coil and found a lot of bottles. Many were broken, cracked, or in pieces, but I found many that were still intact. It was interesting because I was not only looking and listening for signals on my Etrac, but was also looking for bottles peeking out of the ground.
I found some of clear, brown, and blue glass bottles. Some ornate and some plain. Some with a screw top and some with a cork top. Some with dates (an 1867 on the bottom of one). Some with medical writing. Some with Ml measurements. Some with 'Union made' or other writing, etc etc etc...

Here's a pic of the bottles I found. I cleaned them up a bit. This was all I could fit in my pouch and carry. There are a lot more!

Attachments

• 2013-09-15 BOTTLES.jpg
    2013-09-15 BOTTLES.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 103

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Viddy,

I'd be returning to that place soon, and bringing shovels & scratchers. Looks like you're about 20 years or so this side of 1900.

Good luck.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like one of my spots....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread