One More That I need ID Help

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still another of many bottles that I need ID help! Help on possible value will be appreciated.

On the front under the tree branches, it says "Munyon's" and then under that is says "Paw Paw".

This bottle is about 10" tall X about 2 7/8" and about 2 1/4" deep.

MVC-006S.JPG MVC-005S.JPG MVC-007S.JPG MVC-008S.JPG MVC-009S.JPG MVC-010S.JPG

Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey johnny, is this one of those bottles of many given to you in lieu of a debt? If so, maybe this one will help recover your losses

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey johnny, is this one of those bottles of many given to you in lieu of a debt? If so, maybe this one will help recover your losses

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Yes, this is one of them, as well as the other I posted today. I have a lots more to go through. That "LMS Hotels" bottle has drawn some interest as well. Is there a book or other source that I can try checking on values and demand? I see "Knapp's 2006 Auction Prices" mentioned above.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A little more on that history:
The Island was originally called Nuctsachoo by the Seminoles, which means Pelican Island and it reportedly supported one of the largest wading bird rookeries in South Florida.
The first documented inhabitant of Munyon Island in 1884, was a man named Rodgers who was known to be an eccentric "Robinson Crusoe" type who lived in a tent and made his living by selling green sea turtles which he caught in Lake Worth.
The next inhabitants were the Pitts family, who bought the island in 1892 and built a two story house. They were active horticulturalists who reportedly grew more than 28 kinds of fruit on the island and cultivated the island into the "most picturesque spot in Florida".
In 1901, the Pitts sold the island to Dr. James Munyon. In 1903, Munyon completed construction of the Hotel Hygeia. Named after the Greek goddess of Health, the five story, twenty-one room, eight bath hotel catered to ailing, wealthy Northerners who came to Palm Beach to recuperate on the tropical Island, soak in the Fountain of Youth and drink of "Dr. Munyon's Paw-Paw Elixir", consisting primarily of fermented papaya juice, which he bottled on the island.
Don.........

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great info guys WOW!!!

I can understand the use of Papaya Juice (which I happen to Love) but Strychnine, that's scary ****!

Of course the selling price is a bit of a disappointment, but maybe in time the market for these bottles will go up!

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13"
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! I found one too! North shore of long island New York! Thanks for all the info!

IMG_1451.JPG
IMG_1452.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread