Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have been hunting this yard for the past week or so,been about three times and found nothing really as far as old ( Civil War was fought in and around this area and many relics have been dug in the past in this neighborhood.),no bullets even but one area of their yard used to have tons of bamboo in it and was recently cleared but is a bugger and a half to dig.Anyway,today my husband dug up two old metal signs in the bamboo area and found this bottle sticking up out of the dirt. There is a gnarly little row of bushes past the bamboo that could probably be detected by me later when the ticks go away. I do know that where there is a huge church behind this yard that was also the former site of old house from the 1800's and the church was a hospital in the CW for Union soldiers. I do not think that bottle is that old but we used to live in the area several years ago and found turn of the century bottles behind a brick wall near where the church and old house sat. Hoping someone can help ID this bottle,obviously not a screw top.I am going back to the yard tomorrow an scratch around in the dirt a little bit where I get some signals.We ran out of daylight today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
image.jpg

On the bottom of the bottom is embossed with the words no deposit,a star,and then the words no return and on the bottom is embossed Pat.Pend. And the numbers 62,33(in a circle), and 73.

Last edited:

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Coily,

It's a circa 1973 wide mouth barrel shaped beer bottle. mFrXqsjEVteJEPdTe30wguw.jpg ScmtBigMouthAd.jpg

Several brewers used the form. It was made infamous by Mickey's Malt Liquor...

1287842813_113_FT0_mickeys.jpg

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the info Surf.Not ancient but a few years before my prime high school years,lol!interestingly enough one of the last places we detected kept finding Schmidt beer tops and knew that brand was long gone. Maybe today I'll see if I can find one older ones.

Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to guzzle the ole mickey's big mouth beer in my college days. It was cheap and efficient

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread