deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing really sweet or old but,more glass for my collection.

image_zps97717a56-1.jpg

image_zpsba48bf3b-1.jpg

image_zpsabe73d94-1.jpg

image_zpsf464018c-1.jpg

image_zps1630eb2f-1.jpg

Otto Werckshagen Pharmacist 258 W.Biddle St.Balto.

image_zpsc20696cf-1.jpg

image_zps1b3c0eff-1.jpg

image_zpsb1d1a62d-1.jpg

Henry C. Blair Walnut & 8th Sts. Philadelphia

image_zps85f99bbb-1.jpg

image_zps39448190-1.jpg

image_zps6cd427da-1.jpg

These are starting to show pretty regular now.

image_zps1c3c1bdc-1.jpg

image_zpsb3fcabc2-1.jpg

image_zpse8e4186c-1.jpg

image_zpsa9d9ab4b-1.jpg

image_zps1fcfeb1b-1.jpg

image_zpsfcfbc0de-1.jpg

image_zpsca089b38-1.jpg

Frostilla Holmes Fragrance Elmira N.Y. USA.

image_zps856b619a-1.jpg

image_zpsee0969dc-1.jpg

image_zps148f52a6-1.jpg

image_zpsd77fb3a5-1.jpg

image_zpsfa41d6c0-1.jpg

Cantrell Cockran

image_zps6e932d97-1.jpg

image_zps53211760-1.jpg

More to come....

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image_zpse7de2816-1.jpg

image_zps714a417c-1.jpg

Another Cantreel Cockran

image_zps2d86f8d8-1.jpg

image_zpsd6d18ad9-1.jpg

image_zpsa319d1a3-1.jpg

image_zps97c53057-1.jpg

Our first bottle from Washington D.C.

H.N.Beall Pharmacist Washington,D.C.

image_zpsbcf96ea2-1.jpg

image_zps9e033b08-1.jpg

image_zpscd9fa51f-1.jpg

Cumberland Brewery Co. Cumberland,Md

image_zps2f1814a2-1.jpg

image_zpsc6c16379-1.jpg

Our second Cumberland Brewery bottle for the day.

image_zpsd9283e69-1.jpg

image_zps171e10e6-1.jpg

image_zps7588d607-1.jpg

We also found two Schlitz bottles.

image_zpsfab8f071-1.jpg

image_zpsa7405ba8-1.jpg

image_zps6dc6bbfa-1.jpg

These next two were laying pretty close to each other.

image_zps28bee4f7-1.jpg

image_zpsccc27b90-1.jpg

image_zps3d30b73d-1.jpg

Sterling-Baltimore

image_zpsf2213a47-1.jpg

image_zpsb907cfbf-1.jpg

We found another one of these bottles this same day.

image_zps8df631ed-1.jpg

My second ever round bottom.No single pics but,Stacy also found a round bottom.

image_zpsbe318b0a-1.jpg

image_zps62acf461-1.jpg

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Green with envy over here in Tennessee.:icon_thumright:

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of great surface finds there. I really like that Washington D.C. drug store bottle.

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of great surface finds there. I really like that Washington D.C. drug store bottle.

That was my favorite out of this last batch.That embossing jumps out at you.

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still got some more from last week I haven't posted.Got a couple crown top beer we hadn't found before too.

First this next find,nothing special we've found a few of these before.

SAUERS EXTRACTS

image_zpseb5ff8fa-1.jpg

image_zps743b0f03-1.jpg

image_zpsb692b06e-1.jpg

This next one is a new bottle for us.

ANHEUSER-BUSCH BR'C ASS'N
REGISTERED
BALTIMORE BRANCH
REGISTERED
THIS BOTTLE MUST BE
RETURNED WHEN EMPTY

image_zps4931fb55-1.jpg

image_zpsa79d6489-1.jpg

image_zpsaf3179b0-1.jpg

PONDS EXTRACT

image_zps571666ec-1.jpg

image_zpsef78d4e9-1.jpg

This next one I couldn't find much info. on it.

EMERSON'S GINGER MINT JULET

image_zps4cd2c9e2-1.jpg

image_zpscff75ddb-1.jpg

image_zps9918a9f8-1.jpg

Another round bottom.

image_zpsbe318b0a-1.jpg

image_zps62acf461-1.jpg

A little color.

image_zps78b991e1-1.jpg

image_zpse4da6713-1.jpg

Another new beer for us.

image_zps46da88c6-1.jpg

image_zpsd9a26e23-1.jpg

Still another new bottle.

image_zps2715b54e-1.jpg

image_zpsc1de6019-1.jpg

This one found it's way from N.Y.

C.DAMSCHINSKY
LIQUID HAIR DYE
N.Y. MADE IN U.S.A.

image_zps33b4c543-1.jpg

image_zps7b58b129-1.jpg

Not sure where the ATL pictures are for this bottle.

image_zps20ebe6d0.jpg

Another new beer.

image_zps856d80ce-1.jpg

image_zpsdcd82249-1.jpg

That's all I got for now other then a couple group shots.

Hope you enjoyed....

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple group pics of those last bottles.

image_zps8f329cac-1.jpg

image_zps0962c5ef-1.jpg

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still can't get over how these bottles are laying on top of the ground. More nice finds. I too like the D.C. Bottle and the Cumberland. Spent 4 hrs digging today and all got got was a sore back, quite a few mosquito bites and 1 intact bottle which was a ketchup from the 20's. Happy Hunting....Bass

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i just don't get it ....still.....what is the site?.....all over the ground on the surface.....years of just sitting there...sinking into the ground. and new pictures all the time....so, when you go there are you just picking up a few at a time and leaving others that you see sitting there? I mean, none of those bottles are "dug" a five year old could find them like a kid on an egg hunt. do you just go there from time to time and say "ho, hum, I think I will pick up another dozen today..."
Me?....I would take a wheelbarrow, fill it up, take i back to the truck, come back, fill it up again etc. etc. How can you walk away KNOWING that what you leave behind is potentially better than what you just took?

your pictures are nice and clear too. have you ever actually dug to see what is under the surface a foot or so?

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a DC bottle that I have in my collection. The "N" is real weak in the word "Bottling" but is there. It may be a common bottle up there where you are.

Attachments

• DC Bottle.jpg
    DC Bottle.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just don't get it ....still.....what is the site?.....all over the ground on the surface.....years of just sitting there...sinking into the ground. and new pictures all the time....so, when you go there are you just picking up a few at a time and leaving others that you see sitting there? I mean, none of those bottles are "dug" a five year old could find them like a kid on an egg hunt. do you just go there from time to time and say "ho, hum, I think I will pick up another dozen today..."
Me?....I would take a wheelbarrow, fill it up, take i back to the truck, come back, fill it up again etc. etc. How can you walk away KNOWING that what you leave behind is potentially better than what you just took?

your pictures are nice and clear too. have you ever actually dug to see what is under the surface a foot or so?

Sorry if I gave the impression this was one small area.We do re-visit areas but, for the most part it's a bunch of different areas.Usually if we find a new area with bottles in it,we hit it a few days covering it from different angles.The areas are all with in the same area maybe a 3-4 mile distance.

In the area where I found that one hutch earlier in the year we haven't been back in that area for weeks.
We're looking in a semi rural area and up in the mountains.Some ground is state where we find old foundations or small dump sites along old logging roads.There's also railroad tracks that run through this area so we find stuff from that too.

A lot of the houses in the area are 1800's to early 1900's and have steep hills behind the houses.We walk those areas below the houses and find a lot of the bottles there.
We look for dumps or concentrations of glass but,it seems no pits or holes were dug for dumping.If we do find a concentration the glass it all seems to be on the surface.When we dig we only go down a foot or so and we run out of glass.We see a difference in the dirt when the glass runs out too.

I think the reason we don't find the really good stuff is b/c others have already got it.We know others have looked in some of these areas from the piles of broken glass and bottles we find.
I also think b/c a lot of these bottles were dumped on the surface and not buried.Over time the weather and the elements are slowly exposing new glass that was never covered up in the first place.
We just happen to be the ones to come across it first or the only ones interested in it?

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a DC bottle that I have in my collection. The "N" is real weak in the word "Bottling" but is there. It may be a common bottle up there where you are.

We've only got that one D.C. bottle that wasn't broken.I did find another cracked crown top beer/soda that I tried bringing out and ended up busting in my backpack.
I've got pics some where I took of the bottle in the field,I'll see if I can't find them.

Last edited:

texasvarmit

Oct 6, 2006
Texas and Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold, Fisher CZ5 quicksilver, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you have some good bottle finds/dump up there near DC, I was up there and found a small bottle dump in the era 71-73, in a big woods behind our apt complex but it wasn't that old (as the bottles you have found) as your embossed druggist bottles are old, and there are other bottles you found there that are really nice and old. It is a great place to hunt bottles and civil war artifacts!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry if I gave the impression this was one small area.We do re-visit areas but, for the most part it's a bunch of different areas.Usually if we find a new area with bottles in it,we hit it a few days covering it from different angles.The areas are all with in the same area maybe a 3-4 mile distance.

In the area where I found that one hutch earlier in the year we haven't been back in that area for weeks.
We're looking in a semi rural area and up in the mountains.Some ground is state where we find old foundations or small dump sites along old logging roads.There's also railroad tracks that run through this area so we find stuff from that too.

A lot of the houses in the area are 1800's to early 1900's and have steep hills behind the houses.We walk those areas below the houses and find a lot of the bottles there.
We look for dumps or concentrations of glass but,it seems no pits or holes were dug for dumping.If we do find a concentration the glass it all seems to be on the surface.When we dig we only go down a foot or so and we run out of glass.We see a difference in the dirt when the glass runs out too.

I think the reason we don't find the really good stuff is b/c others have already got it.We know others have looked in some of these areas from the piles of broken glass and bottles we find.
I also think b/c a lot of these bottles were dumped on the surface and not buried.Over time the weather and the elements are slowly exposing new glass that was never covered up in the first place.
We just happen to be the ones to come across it first or the only ones interested in it?

that totally clears it up for me, and as far as I am concerned you ARE finding the good stuff! Your insitus are the best on the site...love the moss and muck you can see INSIDE the bottles....

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's those pics of the busted D.C.crown top.

image_zps04647213.jpg

image_zps650d1cb2-1.jpg

image_zpscf12c1ea-1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions