Orcutts sure rheumatic cure

JOliver80

Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Orcutt's sure rheumatic cure

found this as well as a bunch of other great bottles about two feet down in my buddys backyard recently. The only thing I could find about it was a pdf with the patent date and someone on another forum asking for pictures of the bottle. Apparently it is extremely rare. I have not cleaned it thoroughly yet but it is in mint condition and looks amazing.

orcutt.jpg

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful cobalt bottle. Wouldn't surprise me if it's rare (and worth a pretty penny). Cobalt meds are hard to come by. Great find!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JOliver, welcome to T-Net. That is a beautiful bottle and a great find. Congratulations are in order

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hear, hear, JOliver,

Welcome to TNet & thanks for showing this delightful bottle. I could use a slug about now. 8-)

That's quite the notable debut find!

The Little Rhodys have the down low on this Woonsocket bottle: Orcutt

orcutt1.gif

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!!

OP
OP
J

JOliver80

Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the warm welcome and the info on the Orcutt's. Cant believe how much it is worth (had someone offer me $500 for it!) but I dont sell dug bottles as they become sentimental to me. Here is a full picture of some of the nicer stuff I found on the dig as well as a photo of the Orcutts after cleaning. IMG_1078.jpg IMG_1085.jpg IMG_1099.jpg

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nice color and 2 blues....don't i wish....

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the warm welcome and the info on the Orcutt's. Cant believe how much it is worth (had someone offer me $500 for it!) but I dont sell dug bottles as they become sentimental to me. Here is a full picture of some of the nicer stuff I found on the dig as well as a photo of the Orcutts after cleaning. View attachment 882139 View attachment 882140 View attachment 882141

You know, I understand your feelings, but for $500!!! That thing would have been out my door!

OP
OP
J

JOliver80

Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hah I know I am kinda debating it now but The Rhode Island bottle club has the bottle listed on their website as being worth $1000 and mine is a mint example

RIBottleguy

Apr 10, 2013
South Kingstown, RI
Primary Interest:
Other
It's certainly worth $500, maybe a little more. The Little Rhody price was an asking price. If it was sold privately it would have an (s) next to the value, and auction (a) next to it. It appears it didn't sell for the asking price. I know two sold fairly recently. I'll have to ask some cure collectors what they went for so I can give you a better idea of the value.
BTW, that Geyser mineral water isn't bad either!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread