Need Some Info on Sources to Help ID and Value Bottles:

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have received a lot of help with bottle IDs and a few suggested values, right here in this thread and I really appreciate that help. However, in some instances, I feel that I need even more information. One example is a bottle that I put up the other day.

Sadly, for me, I only received one response, so far, "These were reproduced by the Clevenger Brothers in NJ in the 1930's in several different colors, hard to tell if this is one of those or an original 1800's piece without handling it. I don't know the value but the chips will hurt it either way."

It's great information and I understand what is being said when the poster writes "hard to tell if this is one of those or an original 1800's piece without handling it."I understand that perfectly, it makes a world on sense.

My question is - Are there other sources that can be found locally or online where you can somehow get a better understanding of what you have. I am very new to this but I have already seen photos of bottles that look very similar to me but one is worth $5 / $10 and the other is worth $200 / $300

Where can you get the authentication on which bottles are okay and which are great finds?

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If getting an answer on that particular bottle is of great importance, i recommend showing it to an expert in your area by visiting a bottle show or getting on the internet and finding an expert within reasonable distance that you can carry to directly so they can see it in person.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If getting an answer on that particular bottle is of great importance, i recommend showing it to an expert in your area by visiting a bottle show or getting on the internet and finding an expert within reasonable distance that you can carry to directly so they can see it in person.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

It's not just that bottle, there are at least a half dozen that I'd like to have checked out. So far I have not found an expert locally but I am working on that. The idea of a Bottle Show did not dawn on me and in my area there are shows of all kinds every month of the year. I will check that out.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are some people from Nevada you can try and contact to look at your bottles or to put you in touch with someone in your area....

Reno Antique Bottle Club, Reno, Nevada Newsletter:
President: Marty Hall, 775.852.6045
[email protected]
Vice President, Helene Walker: 775.345.0171
Show Chair: Willy Young, 775.746.0922

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some people from Nevada you can try and contact to look at your bottles or to put you in touch with someone in your area....

Reno Antique Bottle Club, Reno, Nevada Newsletter:
President: Marty Hall, 775.852.6045
[email protected]
Vice President, Helene Walker: 775.345.0171
Show Chair: Willy Young, 775.746.0922

Thank you for the info., it will be very useful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions