mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
John, don't leave the forum. When I haven't been able to get out seeing other peoples finds helped me be positive. You are in my prayers & thoughts.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, we don't know each other, but I am saddened to hear this of you.
If there is anything I can say or do for you, please pm me.
Take good care and know we are thinking of you!
Prayers and Blessings

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I wont say "goodbye" just hope to see ya later ! John,I've had 4 heart attacks, got 6 stents,and a pacemaker & defibulator,thought I wouldnt be able to ever find a bottle again,,,,,,,, buuuuut ,my brother comes and gets me (God bless him !!!) digs out the hole and lets me get my turns in sitting on my butt scratching at the bank. Hopefully there is someone in your life that can do the same for you !!! Never say never !! our brains and bodys are unbelievable. Take care , PPC

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God bless all treasure hunters -take care brother and stay strong!!!!

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope you find something that can fill your time with something you enjoy. I understand shying away from something that you would like to do, but can't - sometimes it can make one frustrated. On the other hand, everything is in the eye of the beholder - "if you don't like something, change the way you perceive it". I do my best to responsibly follow my desires. Hope to see you around John, but, if not, good luck and God Bless.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, just to let you know I envy all the stunning jars & bottles you'd found. Even if health slows down your diggings, don't give up...enjoy what others are finding by tuning in on TNet. I will sorely miss you posting your finds.

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to miss your finds, John. You've dug some incredible stuff. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You don't have to leave, though. I find it pretty fun to look at other people's finds even if I can't post anything, and it's good motivation. I'd be sorry to see you go.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey john!! Hang in there friend!! Try to stay in the forum as I am certain your experience will be of value to many and it will keep you connected to the hobby which obviously you enjoy and can add knowledge to!! Hope your heaith improves and DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

youk

Aug 11, 2007
Upstate, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Sunray Probe
John, I don't know you but I have always enjoyed your posts and experiences that you have shared.
Thank you!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
John I don't know you but I wish you all the best.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know you either John, but please remember we are all here...I hope you decide to return just to say whatever is on your mind.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, you can retire from digging if you'd like, we don't mind. We would definitely like to keep you around on this forum for your knowledge and experience. Think of all the good you could do to help with identifications and helping new collectors with advice. So please, hang around your company is valued here

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John prayers sent whether you decide to stay on the forums or not.Your advice and help or just sharing your love of bottles would be greatly appreciated.
I lurk around myself mostly just trying to learn and catch up with the many bottle experts here.

God bless.....

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
John, The Lord is with you and you are in all of our hearts and prayers. Please stay on when you can and we will carry on for you. Don't give up on the things that made you happy. In the blink of an eye, God can make you well again. Please keep your faith up. Your friend Paul

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, I don't know you, but I've always enjoyed your bottle posts. Even if your digging days are behind you, please remain as a member of the forum, because your posts are much more than just the pictures of the bottles you've found. You've got a lot of "friends" here, even if you don't know all of us. Best of luck with your situation, John, you'll be in our prayers.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mr. Glass Man (how I always read it)-
Your posts have always blown me away- especially w/ you casual comments on the amazing things you find- as if it's no big deal, and it's the sort of thing that happens every day. But it doesn't happen every day. And we've been really lucky to have you here, showing us your finds, and shrugging off compliments... Thanks for all that. You know, there was a time, I just scanned the posts for your name- if I'd been gone a long time- and those were the posts I'd check out. Your's. Just keep that in mind. You've had a really positive impact here- whether you know it or not. And you've made my day on many occasions- often when I needed it the most. So thank you. Thank you for your efforts, your pictures, and your time. A highly prized gift I know we all appreciate and are so grateful for. I sure am.
And good luck with your health struggles. The body is a tricky thing. And it's astounding how quickly and thoroughly it can betray us sometimes. So good luck with all of it. We'll miss you- and we'll leave the light on...just in case...
Yakker (another friend you've never met)

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hey John stick with us here, you have many prayers for the return of good health. Your expertise in glass is always a welcome sight. Good Luck my friend and I will see your posts once again! Jgas

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Do what you enjoy for as long as you can, making necessary adjustments . . . grudgingly. When you've done all you can do, take a rest, confident that there is nothing left to do . . . life was full.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread