Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He knows how obsessed I am,lol. It is roughly the height of our t.v. remote,light green in color with CL May on the top and the words Baltimore embossed on the lower part and CLM on the bottom of the bottle.In the middle between CL.MAY and BALTIMORE it looks like crossed golf clubs or sports sticks of some kind.Would love to know more about it. It is not elongated like it appears.

image.jpg

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Coily,

Boy, that Mister, he's a good one, isn't he. I'd like to see more photos, please.

The Baltimore guys call these Steamer Sodas / Mineral Waters. I believe those crossed golf sticks, may be American flags.

Here's Tod's example: 58411AC.gif North American Soda & Beer Bottles - Show Bottle

Here's another: download.axd?file=0;390293&filename=IMG_0427.jpg "The C.L May is very nice with crude looking crossed flags in the middle of the plate." My Finds From The Baltimore Bottle Show | Antique Bottles Forum

Now, it may be the scarce "bow & arrow" slug plate, I just can't tell from your photo. Get all macro with your camera on that slug plate, please.

download.axd?file=0;557143&filename=009.jpg "The second one is a C.L. May Baltimore, MD with a neat bow and arrow motif which is very scarce. They are typically found with crossed American flags in the plate which is common but this variation with the bow and arrow is rare. This one is even dated 1889 on the bottom." Some New Stuff From Last Night's Club Meeting | Antique Bottles Forum

I think the mister picked a good one!

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Surf,I just looked again and it definitely is American flags crossed but they're very faint.The bottle was very inexpensive but I still love it!How can I clean it up a bit,will a little oil swished around with some water help it? Anyone? Bueller ?And yes he is a good one.

Attachments

• image-3813957407.jpg
    image-3813957407.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 91
  • image-433375079.jpg
    image-433375079.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions