bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. I like the soda bottles. Your bottles are early 1900s. I bet if you went back to dig/scratch around in that ravine you would find some older stuff.

OP
OP
L

LaDigger

Mar 4, 2013
Spearsville La
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds. I like the soda bottles. Your bottles are early 1900s. I bet if you went back to dig/scratch around in that ravine you would find some older stuff.

Thanks, My favorite is the Big Chief bottle, I find them a lot around here but the label is usually toast. I also like the kerosene jug, it is the first one I have found that was not broken.

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, My favorite is the Big Chief bottle, I find them a lot around here but the label is usually toast. I also like the kerosene jug, it is the first one I have found that was not broken.

The labels do look pretty good on them. I have no real knowledge on ACL sodas, but I know that color and content of the labels is important. Many bright colors and subject matter (like Indians) help with value. The labels have to be clear, though. I believe the best way to clean them is to let them dry out for a while and then carefully go about the labels with a moist Q tip.

OP
OP
L

LaDigger

Mar 4, 2013
Spearsville La
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
M
Like the little brown Sharpes and Dohme. I found the exact same one. Is yours labled Baltimore?
Mine is labled Philadelphia. Most of the ones I have seen are labeled Baltimore, I don't know if the Philadelphia ones are less common or if they are from the same time period.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread