epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been waiting out this young Spanish girl from Paterson for 2 or 3 weeks now, she emailed me before Christmas about some bottles and a jug she found in the attic of the house she rents in Paterson, but when I stopped by and made my original offer on the jug and 5 of the bottles her and her husband didn't even make a counter offer, they just told me they would get back to me after shopping it around some more. I wasn't too happy because I thought this was a negotiation and not me being their "jumping off" point to negotiate with others, so I called her an upped my offer another 50%, she told me they would get back to me.

A week or so went by and I was contacted by friend from upstate NY, a fellow collector I know thru the forums, and he told me he was going to look at a collection of bottles and that there might be a jug I would be interested in with the group. I think he was a little bit shocked when I gave him the exact details of the group he was gonna drive 2 hours to come see, he was unaware she had contacted me first. So Mike was nice enough to let the group go, and with a long drive like that it probably wasn't worth the trip considering the cost.

Well I sent her an email last night letting her know I wasn't willing to wait anymore, I added another $25 to my offer and told her I wanted ALL THE BOTTLES along with the jug, but she never responded. Then today at 2:30 she sent me an email saying they would accept my offer, so I went down in the rain and picked everything up, the jug was my real prize and I'll look to sell off the bottles to offset my costs. I think I may be able to get my money back on the bottles and end up with the jug as a freebie. As you can see it's a nice 1/2 gallon E. Ryan, a few minor lip chips, these small jugs bring a premium around here....

I also got the a box of paper label whiskeys but only two are any good, they are both 1913 Old Crow bottles, I also got a 6 pint Berkshire Spring Water Co. bottle with original stopper and bail. I also have been searching for some other bottles and was lucky enough to score two original labels instead for M. Singer & Son root beer and cherry sodas, n the lot I bought today was a 1/2 gallon green crowntop so i added the label for display, I just need to add the neck label and stopper to complete it....

Attachments

• 4029032996.JPG
    4029032996.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 85
  • OC.jpg
    OC.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 99
  • OC1.jpg
    OC1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 4029032993.JPG
    4029032993.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Singer & Son.jpg
    Singer & Son.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know you have been waiting and waiting for some Paterson bottles to come your way,so happy for you,they are beautiful and varied too it seems.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, a story that didn't start off so well but ended on a positive note. I really can't understand these people that think they need to push people away in order to try and make more money from a sell. They do not realize there is no else who wants these items more than the collector. You approach them and make them a generous offer and they push you back thinking they can get more if they hold out. I am currently going through a similar situation with one bottle. Hopefully it will work out for me and if so, i will explain later. Glad to see this jug eventually made it into the hands of someone who can appreciate it. A very nice piece and i can see why you were persistent in acquiring it.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Epackage you cease to amaze me! I go buy Oaks6810 on ABN....... just thought I would say hello. :hello:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Very nice grouping again E...Cool finds right there.. I swear I'm gonna find ya a bottle this year pal. jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread