What to do with milk bottles

doublehose

Greenie
Jan 11, 2014
Sackville Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Some time ago while sorting through several boxes of bottles and other underwater bits , I noticed I've amassed quite a few old embossed milk bottles. So I decided to clean them up fill them with styrofoam packing balls and put closures back on them that my sister found at a yard sale and using a sharpie felt pencil went over the embossed lettering. Surprisingly it came out fairly well... bottles1 001.JPG

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
That's a good use for the ledge in the stairway. When I first started digging I would give them away or let them at the dump. When I think about it that was pretty dumb! Some milk bottles can get pretty expensive. I alway liked colored bottles with bubbles. Thanks for sharing! DDinPA.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard DBL Hose, your from up in my neck of the woods.
Nice collection of milks you there, any Scotia Dairies among them?
ZDD

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You need to paint a dairy/farm scene mural behind your bottles. Some nice red barns and lots of Holsteins. Do it Grandma Moses style so you don't have to be afraid of the "artist" part. I am a big believer of turning wasted space (your stairwell) into functional art...you are off to a good start.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions