South Carolina Dispensary Bottle (Palmetto)

aftershock

Greenie
Dec 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all.. I have a family heirloom and was wondering if it could be dated/valued.. also what is considered a "dixie" mark? Is it the crossed part under the Palmetto tree? I noticed I cannot find a picture of my bottle anywhere or the style of lip used. The size is quart.

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

This last image with the "bevel/panel" on the side.. has the same on the other side.

Thanks!

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
A union flask (side-strap flask) in the quart size, colorless glass, is "extremely rare" according to P.K. Huggins' book. The SCD lasted from 1893 to 1907. Value is in the hundreds of dollars. Nice find.

OP
OP
A

aftershock

Greenie
Dec 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! I actually just ordered that book since it seems very useful for future identification. :)

glassagain

Aug 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a South Carolina Dispensary bottle collector. I need this bottle for my collection. If you have interest in selling, I sure would like to buy it. Please let me know. Would love to see it if possible. Thanks.

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have seen these south Carolina dispensary bottles posted on here before. Very nice bottles.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Never even knew there was a strap-side SCD. Awesome flask!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread