epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
so I hope this post doesn't get booted, but I figure you fine people know I collect Paterson stuff so I wanted to share my new finds with you. I got this fantastic straight razor made in Germany for E. Kirschbaum here in Paterson, it's like it was never used, the handles perfect and the blade is good and tight, not too mention sharp as hell.

The framed piece was made by a local photographer named Doremus to commemorate the Great Fire of 1902 which burned down 75% of downtown Paterson, it's 15" X 22", and a very rare find indeed. They come up for sale from time to time and bring big money, but I was lucky to find this one at an online antique mall for a fraction of the cost it would bring on Ebay or at a local auction. I have about 8 or 9 of the original photos you see in the piece and I'm delighted to finally own one of my own, I look forward to your thoughts and comments...

Attachments

• raz.jpg
    raz.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 97
  • dor3.jpg
    dor3.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 237
  • dor2.jpg
    dor2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 105
  • dor1.jpg
    dor1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 111

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey "E", that's great stuff. We all collect more than bottles around here. Those photos will be a nice addition for your firemen's badges. Good stuff. I can get lost looking at those pictures

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Epackage, I don't think anyone will complain about this because that is super cool and has relevance to your collection. I wouldn't mind seeing this kind of thing more often.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
attachment.php

Man, Jim,

The Doremus Great Fire is a fantastic photo montage. Are they all hand cut and glued to the board?

This is right up there with your Pasaic Falls lithophane, in my opinion.

download.axd?file=0;253036&filename=264832654.jpg

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Very cool ! My wife recently inherited around 300 antique straight razors and I'm fairly sure there is at least one from that company in the bunch. Did it come with the original box as well ? She also had a set of 7 razors with that same type handle that collectors call Bamboo style but made by a German company. Those were marked with the days of the week in German and came in a really nice fitted box. Off White handles and they looked like finger bones to me. If I remember correctly she got nearly $300 for the set.

Last edited:
OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I won't have it hand for a few days Surf but I believe so, I've been told the Lambert Castle Museum has this one and another he made for the Great Flood of 1902, so now I need to find one of those to go with mine. Bandit there was no box, but I have seen a few others thru the years with boxes, I'll be searching for one...

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I won't have it hand for a few days Surf but I believe so, I've been told the Lambert Castle Museum has this one and another he made for the Great Flood of 1902, so now I need to find one of those to go with mine. Bandit there was no box, but I have seen a few others thru the years with boxes, I'll be searching for one...
I'll have a look through our pile of "stuff". There is a large box full of just empty boxes that we couldn't find razors for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread